You are here

Presonus Quantum or Antelope Discrete 8?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Presonus Quantum or Antelope Discrete 8?

Postby dickiefunk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi,

I'm going to be looking to upgrade my current Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP audio interface to something with better RTL, audio quality and more I/O options. My computer will be a Windows 10 64bit system and I'll be getting an Intel 9700k or 9900k cpu soon.
The Antelope Audio Discrete and Presonus Quantum interfaces are top of my list and I'm pretty torn as to which option to go for. From what I've been reading both of these offer some of the fastest RTL performance available and the specs look like the converters are a good step up. Both of these interfaces have the I/O features I'm looking for so my biggest question is which will be most stable/reliable with my PC? Also, how do these interfaces compare in audio quality?

I can buy the Presonus Quantum for £778 and this includes a free Faderport. The Antelope Discrete 8 is more expensive at £1136 but with the free "premium" fx pack. How do these emulations compare to UAD and the best VST plugins?

How do these interfaces compare regarding reliability and audio quality? Which would you recommend for using with a Windows 10 PC?

Thanks
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster
http://www.richardpenrose.com

Re: Presonus Quantum or Antelope Discrete 8?

Postby James Perrett » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 pm

If you value driver quality and long term support then something from RME should be on your list as well.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page