You are here

Registered NEW Apollo Twin MKII on same account as my Twin USB

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Registered NEW Apollo Twin MKII on same account as my Twin USB

Postby kalmoa » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Hello. I just received a new Apollo Twin MKII (Thunderbolt) today, and I went to go register this device on my existing UA account. I am currently in the process of selling my older Apollo Twin USB (Windows), along with the plugins tied to that device. When I registered this new Apollo Twin MKII, it put the MKII on the same 'System' as the Twin USB. Which now means, the plugins have been combined. So if I were to sell my Twin USB to someone else, it is now going to transfer ALL the plugins, including the ones I just registered with my MKII.

Is there any way to undo this? I literally JUST registered this device TODAY (August 1, 2019). I did not know that the devices would combine. I thought the devices would be separate on my account, in which I would be able to manage their associated plugins separately.

Thanks for any help.
kalmoa
Poster

Re: Registered NEW Apollo Twin MKII on same account as my Twin USB

Postby desmond » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:36 am

You've never been able to sell only certain plugins from your UAD account to someone else - it's been like this since the UAD1...

You either sell the hardware with no plugins (ie, you transfer the hardware to someone else's UAD account), or you effectively sell your account with the hardware, and thus all plugins in your account.

In any case, the only people who are going to be in any position to help is UA, so best speak to customer support and explain your situation, they may be able to help you out...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby kalmoa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:50 am

desmond wrote:You've never been able to sell only certain plugins from your UAD account to someone else - it's been like this since the UAD1...

Yeah, I understand that part of it. Maybe I wasn't completely clear on my post. Essentially what happened is this. I have one interface (Apollo Twin USB) that I was going to sell, along with ALL the plugins that were associated with that interface. It was 16 plugins in total.
Then, I just bought an Apollo Twin MKII, which I registered under the same account as my Apollo Twin USB. In doing that, it combined the plugins for BOTH interfaces, in which I now have 20+ Plugins in total, associated with my account. I wanted to keep these interfaces separate, because I wanted to sell the Twin USB, along with all the plugins associated to that Twin USB. But now, if I sell the Twin USB, it is going to take the plugins that I JUST registered to my Twin MKII, which I did not want to do.

I'll definitely reach out to UA.
kalmoa
Poster

Postby desmond » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:53 am

kalmoa wrote:Yeah, I understand that part of it. Maybe I wasn't completely clear on my post.

It's ok, you were perfectly clear, I was re-iterating their longtime policy, which was why you were having troubles re-splitting your system to sell it off - basically just confirming what you've only just come across.

Hopefully UA can help you - let us know what happens. Good luck! :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby kalmoa » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:58 am

desmond wrote:Hopefully UA can help you - let us know what happens. Good luck! :thumbup:

I hope they can help too! I had $500+ worth of plugins I was going to sell with that Twin USB. If they can't help, that would be very frustrating, and pretty bad.
kalmoa
Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:58 am

FWIW I have always found UA support pretty helpful and responsive. Desmond is right, they're the only people who can assist you. Best of luck.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
A small fish in a small pond.

Postby Bob Bickerton » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:46 pm

As has been said, best to talk to UA support. I recently sold my old Apollo and it’s worth reiterating that you have to be VERY careful when deregistering a device for resale to specify whether you are selling the plug-ins with it or not and as Desmond says, it’s all or nothing.

Having said that any UA interface automatically has the classics bundle attached to it, so if that’s all you’re asking about with the new device you may be just fine. But do check with support.

Bob
Bob Bickerton
Frequent Poster (Level2)
http://www.bickerton.co.nz

Postby Watchmaker » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44 pm

You can contact UA help from your account page. On the left hand side, click "My UA Hardware" then click the link for support.
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Postby kalmoa » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:53 am

Update: After UA de-registered the device for me, I was able to register it again under a different account. All is fine now!
kalmoa
Poster

Postby Bob Bickerton » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:55 am

Excellent!
Bob Bickerton
Frequent Poster (Level2)
http://www.bickerton.co.nz

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:36 am

UA did the biz. Very good. Thanks for letting us know.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
A small fish in a small pond.