You are here

Sequenz Keyboard stands?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Sequenz Keyboard stands?

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Anyone used the Sequenz multi-tier keyboard stands? I'm considering acquiring one but would appreciate any existing user feedback...

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Sequenz Keyboard stands?

Postby fatbenelton » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:41 pm

Hopefully, it’s not too annoying to reply with zero experience of the product but....

They look really nice but pretty expensive. Jaspers look good value by comparison especially for permanent/semi permanent installations and it looks like you can get a 4 tier Jaspers for the same price as a single sequenz.
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster
Jonny

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Not annoying at all.

I have looked at the Jaspers, and they are obviously versatile and attractively priced... But they don't look anything like as well engineered -- although that impression is purely from the pics -- I've not laid my hands on one yet.

I'm guessing you get what you pay for... But I'm interested to hear from anyone who has used one.

H
Hugh Robjohns

Postby Dave B » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:52 pm

I think that you’ll be breaking new ground on this one Hugh, and I’m fairly curious as well. If they are as well built as they look (and they do look very sexy), then I might take a look for posh gigs.

Saying that, the one advantage that the Jasper stands have is that, being a little less robust, you can customise them with little more than a hacksaw and some elbow grease. So I was able to make one just how I wanted it for live - the right size and layout and once you add a cheap star cloth, it’s all neatly tucked away (ditto my beer belly and chunk legs)

:bouncy:
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 pm

genius! :lol:
Hugh Robjohns