You are here

Arturia MiniLab and cubase elements integration.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Arturia MiniLab and cubase elements integration.

Postby gingertimmins » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Hello everyone,
I’m sorry to come here with what is probably a simple question but I’m at my wits end!

I’m using cubase elements 9.5 and I’m trying to use an Arturia MiniLab mkI.
My aim is to assign some of the pads to play,stop and record in cubase but it either doesn’t work or I’m not doing something right.
Following the instructions of the Arturia I have opened the midi control centre app, selected pad one, changed its mode to MCC and selected play as the desired function. I then load that created patch into a memory slot.
Once that’s done I select the patch via the Arturia, hit the pad that should start playback and.....nothing.

Now, I’m not very midi savvy so is there something within cubase that I should be looking at?
I have been to midi device setup and the Arturia midi in and out is activated, I see midi activity but is there somewhere to assign this sort of thing?
It’s worth noting that the Arturias manual is dated and I’m using a much newer version of the midi control centre software than that in the manual.

Sorry for the long winded post!

Cheers,
Chris
gingertimmins
Regular