You are here

Sub Woofer monitoring systems for organ music.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Sub Woofer monitoring systems for organ music.

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm

You're making me feel old.... :ugeek: :think:
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby wireman » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:08 pm

I wonder how much of this low bass is going to get through to the living room next door, if there is one.
wireman
Frequent Poster

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:22 am

The Red Bladder wrote:If someone came to me with a brief for a room or studio that reproduces accurately down to 16Hz, I would have to build the sub(s) into the brickwork and the trapping would have to also be integrated into the room. Good acoustics starts with good building design.

Just so you know../.. Prior to my quitting the studio lark... , My Room, using SP Acoustics SP1's , at the mix position was within +/- 3dB from 18Hz to 18kHz, and only at -5 dB at 10 HZ and 20kHz .

with nary a port in sight.

for a low budget mix room , I was tolerably pleased with that.

;)

(okay the speakers were not exactly low budget )
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Mostly Retired from Audio.... If I already know you I'll help,  if not....    Ask Hugh Robjohns, unless that is you're in need of 80's shred guitar... that, I'm still interested in having fun with...

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:25 am

The alleged bottom line on those TH rooms was "A Million quid per room"

Lord knows why any studio owner thought they'd ever recoup that kind of investment.
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Mostly Retired from Audio.... If I already know you I'll help,  if not....    Ask Hugh Robjohns, unless that is you're in need of 80's shred guitar... that, I'm still interested in having fun with...

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:28 am

Thanks for all the help and advice, but I think I'm going to put this one to bed again.
Also, when thousands of pounds are talked about it always makes me come over all underwhelmed when listening to such equipment. I just haven't got the enthusiasm for all this that I used to have.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby blinddrew » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:49 am

Then parking it definitely seems like a sensible idea!
One of the positives of this hobby/business is that, although the laws of physics don't change, the tools and devices to work around just come down in price. What's available in 10 years for £1k will doubtless blow the socks off what's available now and so on. (Certain local political hiccups aside).
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby John Willett » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Arpangel wrote:Thanks for all the help and advice, but I think I'm going to put this one to bed again.
Also, when thousands of pounds are talked about it always makes me come over all underwhelmed when listening to such equipment. I just haven't got the enthusiasm for all this that I used to have.

Even if you park this, I'm still happy to bring the RL934Ks over - I would really like to hear how they perform with organ in a normal room. :thumbup:
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:49 pm

blinddrew wrote:Then parking it definitely seems like a sensible idea!
One of the positives of this hobby/business is that, although the laws of physics don't change, the tools and devices to work around just come down in price. What's available in 10 years for £1k will doubtless blow the socks off what's available now and so on. (Certain local political hiccups aside).

I'm sort of, very happy with what I've got, because it was all free!
I could go out and blow £20,000 on a pair of monitors, but I'll be listening to them with different ears, ears that have Just blown £20,000! and I'll be trying to hear what's better than my current system and thinking was it worth it! This sort of stuff would have blown me away years ago, I'd be chomping at the but to get it all set-up, and spend my very last penny on it and eat beans for a year. But now it's.......yeeeaahhh? OK.....er.....right.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Previous