You are here

Any good reverb/delay option for mp3 playback?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Any good reverb/delay option for mp3 playback?

Postby mikehende » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Hey guys, I wish to do some beatmatching mixes with Serato DJ Software and would like to add some reverb and delay effects live when I am beatmatching.

I am wondering if getting a soundcard with included fx might work but my iMac doesn't have line ins or out, just the headphone OUT. So maybe best I get an fx software which might enable me to route Serato through it but would that work to add fx on the fly during the mix whenever I need to apply it please?
mikehende
Regular

Re: Any good reverb/delay option for mp3 playback?

Postby Dr Huge Longjohns » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:23 am

The headphone out is effectively the line out on a mac. If you're not sending your sounds out digitally it's what you need to use and is absolutely fine. Your iMac is loaded with excellent reverbs and delays courtesy of both Garageband and Apple's audio plugin suite. If you don't want to use GB you can easily get a small piece of software to let you access Apple's Audio Units in real time.
Dr Huge Longjohns
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"The performance is 99.9% of what people hear"- J. Leckie
"It's all complete nonsense, anyone who knows what they're doing can deliver great results with whatever comes to hand" - H. Robjohns

Re: Any good reverb/delay option for mp3 playback?

Postby mikehende » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Thanks, I just found out there are "expansion packs" I can purchase to work with Serato so I will look into that.
mikehende
Regular