You are here

Korg Pa4X vs Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate with Komplete Kontrol keyboard

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Korg Pa4X vs Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate with Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Postby shannonsmith » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi everyone,
I shelled out over 4,000 a couple years ago for a Korg Pa4X.
I also have an old Korg D1600 Multitrack Digital Recorder.

So I wanted the Korg to be able to orchestrate with realistic sounds but I find the strings and horns to be more on the "fake" side than I want.

Also the Korg D1600 Multitrack Digital Recorder is so ancient and hard to use I'm finally going to get a DAW (reaper) and computer.

So my questions are:
(1) since i have the Korg Pa4X.... how does that stack up to the Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate collection. Is the Komplete vastly better in authentic sounds? I do a lot of strings, horns and orchestration for pop songs and need something better ….. or maybe Korg Pa4X is fine but I have limited exposure to software so I just don't know it!

(2) if I buy the Komplete 12- can I use the Korg Pa4X to run the Komplete software through or do I need to buy the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard to accurately use it.

(3) What is a good computer that can handle all this recording- I do a lot of vocal harmonies and layering too. should it be a laptop or desktop- any recommendations would be helpful.

I have about $5,000 to spend on creating a modern upgraded studio the best I can and move out of the stone age. I have great monitors and microphone. I have the Korg Pa4X which I'm not sure is good enough for recordings but great for performances i guess. I need computer, DAW (which I've decided on Reaper- although I've never used any of them!), and better authentic sounds for recordings.

I know its kind of a strange question and maybe no one has compared Korg pa4x to Komplete.....but thought I would ask.

THANKS!
shannonsmith