You are here

StudioLive 16.0.2, Tascam Model 24 or analog console plud 24/96 thunderbolt interface?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Presonus StudioLive 16.0.1
No votes
Presonus StudioLive III 24R (rack mixer)
No votes
Tascam Model 24
No votes
Zoom L20
No votes
SoundCraft Signature 22 MTK
No votes

Total votes : 0

StudioLive 16.0.2, Tascam Model 24 or analog console plud 24/96 thunderbolt interface?

Postby n13L5 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:28 am

I find it very difficult to decide and I can't find direct comparisons.

StudioLive 1602 offers "fat channel" which is useful, but the PSU is not well cooled, and you can get sidetracked into a bunch of troubleshooting by one rogue button pressed somewhere. It can't do 24/96 to fulfill Television requirements

Tascam 24 is a mostly well appointed analog console with a 16x18 USB interface and SD card recorder. It can't do 24/96 either and phantom power on/off is global.

Or I could go with separate audio interface and any analog console that suits, they have become cheap as chips.

I looked at Zoom's L20, but it seems to have weird digital potholes compared to the StudioLive and recording to SD card on the console is not a priority item for me. On various videos I watched, there were issues I didn't like and the faders aren't motorized either.

I'd like the Yamaha TF1, but that thing is too far out of my price range.

PS: I use Sonar, Studio One for recording/editing, working on Reaper ^^
n13L5