You are here

Run out of IEC leads.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Run out of IEC leads.

Postby blinddrew » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 pm

John Willett wrote:So I buy new and discover the old ones as soon as the new one arrives :mrgreen: :oops:
It was ever thus.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Wonks » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:05 am

I keep buying new guitars in case the one that got stolen many years ago suddenly turns up.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:50 am

blinddrew wrote:
John Willett wrote:So I buy new and discover the old ones as soon as the new one arrives :mrgreen: :oops:
It was ever thus.

Here too. Though mainly with synthesizers rather than leads, and substitute 'rediscover' for 'discover' :shifty:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Arpangel » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:00 am

This thread has taken on a distinct IEC lead quality. I wasn't expecting to see so many replies, but now there's loads.
Now I've got a screwdriver situation, all my tools are in the garage which is a pain if a job needs doing in the house, as I have to trudge out to the garage to get stuff, so I always keep what I call a "hand kit" in the house, cutters, pliers, a couple of screwdrivers, and a sharp knife, but it keeps disappearing, especially the screwdrivers, then, later on, I find a whole load of screwdrivers about 6 of them, in another draw!
This time of year is particularly bad, I think my partner is accumulating screwdrivers, she's got a big fairy light fetish, we've got tons of them, she's all over the house putting them up in the most unlikely places, I think she keeps getting tools out of the garage when I'm not looking and just dumps them randomly in various draws all over the house.
To my horror she's getting a disco ball for our tower, we'll be seen for miles around. This job requires major work today, I discovered that the one 13 amp socket in the tower is wired up with 1mm lighting cable as a result of one of the previous owners bodge-ups, so that's all got to be replaced.
I'm going to convert our basement into a workshop, seeing as it's useless as a studio, and all tools will have to be returned there on completion of jobs.

:beamup:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby ken long » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 am

ef37a wrote:
ken long wrote:
ef37a wrote:skipped the Jewsen lot!

What does this mean?

Whippersnapper!

Dave.

Ah well I don't watch TV Dave. Your typo'd TV advertising references are lost on me, I'll admit.
ken long
Frequent Poster (Level2)
I'm All Ears.

Postby ef37a » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 am

ken long wrote:
ef37a wrote:
ken long wrote:
ef37a wrote:skipped the Jewsen lot!

What does this mean?

Whippersnapper!

Dave.

Ah well I don't watch TV Dave. Your typo'd TV advertising references are lost on me, I'll admit.

Well, You can't please.... I have not seen the add for some years now hence the reference to yoof!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:07 am

Arpangel wrote:To my horror she's getting a disco ball for our tower, we'll be seen for miles around.

You live in a castle Tony ?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Arpangel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am

Martin Walker wrote:
Arpangel wrote:To my horror she's getting a disco ball for our tower, we'll be seen for miles around.

Martin

That would be fun, but no.
Instead I live in a what I like to call the millstone, a sprawling gothic monstrosity with 75% of the rooms unused.
Part of the roof has just been repaired, and maintenance is like the Forth Bridge.
I just want to go and live in a cottage somewhere, but there are emotional connections etc, especially for my partner.
The tower is great though, I go up there in thunder storms and just chill out, watching the lightning for miles. My partner is a keen gardener, and the garden is sublime, it has a railway too, and all that keeps us occupied, but we're both just getting too old for all this, it's making me ill, keeping the ship afloat, but I would miss this house, big time.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby ef37a » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:05 am

Arpangel wrote:
Martin Walker wrote:

Martin

Instead I live in a what I like to call the millstone, a sprawling gothic monstrosity with 75% of the rooms unused.
Part of the roof has just been repaired, and maintenance is like the Forth Bridge.
I just want to go and live in a cottage somewhere, but there are emotional connections etc, especially for my partner.
The tower is great though, I go up there in thunder storms and just chill out, watching the lightning for miles. My partner is a keen gardener, and the garden is sublime, it has a railway too, and all that keeps us occupied, but we're both just getting too old for all this, it's making me ill, keeping the ship afloat, but I would miss this house, big time.

Get a couple of strapping young lodgers?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:27 am

ef37a wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
Martin Walker wrote:

Martin

Get a couple of strapping young lodgers?

Dave.

No thanks, that's the last thing we need.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby James Perrett » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Arpangel wrote:...and the garden is sublime, it has a railway too,

According to our 8 year old lad, every large garden should have a railway.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Arpangel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:59 pm

James Perrett wrote:

Absolutely, and my partner is the queen of garden railway landscaping. And if this site hosted pictures I'd post some, I just can't be bothered to become a member of something else.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby John Willett » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Arpangel wrote:
James Perrett wrote:

Absolutely, and my partner is the queen of garden railway landscaping. And if this site hosted pictures I'd post some, I just can't be bothered to become a member of something else.

I want to see the railway - e-mail me the pics, I will put them on a hidden page on my website and link to them here. :thumbup:
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:00 am

Yes please, and some of the house.....
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Eddy Deegan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:47 am

Arpangel wrote:... if this site hosted pictures I'd post some, I just can't be bothered to become a member of something else.

You don't have to :-)

1) Go to http://www.imgur.com
2) Click 'New post' at the top left corner of the screen (no account required)
3) Drag 'n drop, or even paste from clipboard, new images
4) Right click an image you uploaded and select 'Copy image Location' from the menu
5) When creating a forum post here click the 'Img' button above the emoticons
6) Paste the image location in between the [img]and[/img] tags that step 5 created
7) Hit the 'Submit' button

Easy once you've done it a few times. You can post multiple images this way too, just add more to the imgur.com page by drag 'n drop or pasting them from additional 'Copy image location' selections on imgur.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Arpangel » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:29 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
Arpangel wrote:... if this site hosted pictures I'd post some, I just can't be bothered to become a member of something else.

You don't have to :-)

1) Go to http://www.imgur.com
2) Click 'New post' at the top left corner of the screen (no account required)
3) Drag 'n drop, or even paste from clipboard, new images
4) Right click an image you uploaded and select 'Copy image Location' from the menu
5) When creating a forum post here click the 'Img' button above the emoticons
6) Paste the image location in between the [img]and[/img] tags that step 5 created
7) Hit the 'Submit' button

Easy once you've done it a few times. You can post multiple images this way too, just add more to the imgur.com page by drag 'n drop or pasting them from additional 'Copy image location' selections on imgur.

Thanks! I'll sort this out ASAP, pics of railway not a problem. Posting them of the house is a little more involved, as the family aren't keen.
Best thing is next year, we always have BBQ's, we could amalgamate one of them into a SOSage meet! That way anyone who wants to see Angel Towers can avail themselves of booze, food, and the od synth too! Be ware that my partner always goes overboard on the hospitality front, so prepare yourselves.

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby The Elf » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 am

Arpangel wrote:That way anyone who wants to see Angel Towers can avail themselves of booze, food, and the od synth too! Be ware that my partner always goes overboard on the hospitality front, so prepare yourselves.
Tch! You're really putting me off! :lol: ;)
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Arpangel » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:01 am

The Elf wrote:
Arpangel wrote:That way anyone who wants to see Angel Towers can avail themselves of booze, food, and the od synth too! Be ware that my partner always goes overboard on the hospitality front, so prepare yourselves.
Tch! You're really putting me off! :lol: ;)

:D

To describe our house I think I'm going to have to use a phrase I first heard Mr Red Bladder say...."windswept and groovy"
If you can imagine Fawlty Towers, The Addams Family, and To The Manor Born, all rolled into one, you're sort of getting near.
It's a large crumbling 3 story Victorian house, with a lovely garden, the decor inside is tatty 60's/70's, it sounds awful, but for some reason people love it here, and "it's a happy house, we're happy here, in our happy house....."
It could do with more IEC leads though.......

:beamup:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby Folderol » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:40 am

Well there you go. Make it a 'Bring an IEC lead' party and you'll be sorted for like. I might even bring two :bouncy:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby John Willett » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:48 am

Arpangel wrote:Best thing is next year, we always have BBQ's, we could amalgamate one of them into a SOSage meet! That way anyone who wants to see Angel Towers can avail themselves of booze, food, and the od synth too! Be ware that my partner always goes overboard on the hospitality front, so prepare yourselves.

:thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

PreviousNext