You are here

Installing Korg Collection Soundbanks

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Installing Korg Collection Soundbanks

Postby gbolger » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Does anyone know how to install the bonus sound banks that come with the Korg Collection? The files have an .fxb file type.
gbolger

Re: Installing Korg Collection Soundbanks

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:03 pm

I don't have it myself, but according to the SOS review:

The Write button in the upper window of the plug-in is context-sensitive and, depending upon which page you are editing, allows you to write Performances, Patches and Wave Sequences into the Bank and location of your choice. Alongside this, the File button allows you to Save All and Load All as .fxb files, while the Import button allows you to load All Data, All Performances, Single Performances, All Patches, Single Patches, Wave Sequences and Micro Tune Scales created on the original hardware synths. Neatly done!
(My emphasis)

As the file format is .fxb I'd say it looks hopeful. Maybe that helps?
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project, helping charities via music created by forum members.

Postby Wonks » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:12 pm

Maybe just search for existing .fxb files and out them in the same (or maybe a sub-folder) if they are all grouped together.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby gbolger » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:22 pm

It does not recognize the .fxb files from the write button. There is a folder where there are other .fxb files, and I did put them in there. I am not sure they loaded though.
gbolger

Postby zenguitar » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:39 pm

I have the Korg collection but waiting to upgrade to 64 bit version on Mac. On my old 32 bit install on Windows, additional soundbanks were saved in the same folder as the factory default soundbanks.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby gbolger » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 pm

I am using the 64 bit version, as you have to in Catalina. The stand alones do not work, and the plugins finally seem to be. I did put them in that folder and now need to see if they are loading.
gbolger