You are here

Acid pro 7 help

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Acid pro 7 help

Postby peter24 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:11 pm

I am brand new to music. I used to play around in GarageBand for mac a while ago. I just got acid pro 7. now I noticed that there are no pre-recorded beats like there are in GarageBand. How do I get or buy these pre-recorded beats such as drums, trumpets to make my own beats and music?
peter24

Re: Acid pro 7 help

Postby fatbenelton » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:48 pm

From memory (I had Acid 4 through to 7 but haven’t used it for years) it should come with a ton of ‘ acid loops’ which go into a library which you can browse and audition from the main window. Perhaps you need to download and install more files?
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster

Jonny

Postby peter24 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:15 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am looking for loops, however, I dont see any in my acid pro. Is tehre any way I can download them?
peter24

Postby fatbenelton » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:49 pm

You can download the products from Magix - hopefully the bundled loops are included.

You need your serial number for the product. If you have an older copy purchased from Sony (before they sold it to Magix) your serial number will still be in the 'My account section' on:

https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/

When you click download it then sends you to Magix Downloads and asks for the serial number so remember to copy it when on the Sony site.

You can also buy Acid loops on CD or as a download so check Ebay for old CD's. You can buy loops from Magix direct:

https://www.magix.com/gb/producer-planet/
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster

Jonny

Postby Argiletonne » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:15 pm

why buy? why not make.
Argiletonne
Poster
Attention: Unpopular Middle Child 
Argiletonne Forevier™
1185 Normandy Dr.