You are here

Yamaha DM1000 Battery Replacement

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Yamaha DM1000 Battery Replacement

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:52 pm

I'm posting this as a public service announcement, just because there seems little about it elsewhere on the web. As this post will inevitably come up near the top in google searches, it may be of help to DM1000 owners. It would seem likely that other consoles in this family are constructed in a similar way, but I can only vouch specifically for the DM1000.

The DM1000 digital mixing console uses a CR2032 'button battery' for it's internal configuration and user (scene) memories, and this battery will need replacement after a good few years. The manual states the console has to be returned to a service centre for this replacement, but if you're competent with a screwdriver and careful it's not too hard to replace it yourself. However, any work is entirely at your own risk!

Remove the left-hand side panel (lots of large screws around the periphery, plus one small one). The battery is in a holder on the board directly under the faders 1-8. Press the battery towards the front of the console and lift to release it from the holder. Insert a new one (ensuring it's the right way up). Refit the side panel, taking care to make sure the self-tapping screws engage with the original cut threads.

When you subsequently power the console it may recommend initialising to factory settings... And it will almost certainly have forgotten all previous configuration settings.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Yamaha DM1000 Battery Replacement

Postby VTypeV4 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:02 pm

I had to do the one in my DM recently too - sounds very much the same procedure for the DM2000. :thumbup:
VTypeV4
Regular

Synkronize Music Group: Mastering House, Multi-track recording and bespoke tuition services.

www.synkronize.co.uk & www.facebook.com/synkronizemusicgroup
Equipped with Yamaha, A&H, JBL, Sony, TC Electronic, DBX and MOTU.