You are here

Amplifier for passive monitors - PMC TB2s

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Amplifier for passive monitors - PMC TB2s

Postby James Perrett » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm

It may also be worth having a look at Apollon for Hypex based amplifiers as I thought they looked slightly cheaper than Nord. I just priced up a 400W per channel UCD based set of Hypex modules which came to 449 euros (inc internal wiring looms but excluding VAT) so 880 euros for an Ncore based ready made amplifier doesn't look a bad price.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Jez Corbett » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:44 pm

Well! I ended up ordering the nord in the end, however it then looks like I might not get it for a month. I'll look into this one, I guess the 250w at 8ohm version would be equivalent to the nord?
Jez Corbett
Frequent Poster
http://www.jeremycorbett.co.uk

Postby Jez Corbett » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:57 pm

Quick rant time.

Its been almost a month since I ordered my Nord. It apparently arrived in Finland over 2 weeks ago, but UPS didn't attempt to deliver it, wouldn't arrange a delivery when I was actually around, and I just found out looking at the tracking details that a week ago it was returned to sender, and at no point has anyone contacted me about it!

Great!
Jez Corbett
Frequent Poster
http://www.jeremycorbett.co.uk

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:59 am

Jez Corbett wrote:I just found out looking at the tracking details that a week ago it was returned to sender, and at no point has anyone contacted me about it!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Poor you :(

I bet no-one will take the blame either, or will erroneously claim to have sent you emails, phone calls or texts :beamup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Previous