You are here

Innovation v Hype

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Innovation v Hype

Postby jellyjim » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:25 am

blinddrew wrote:If it's not actually improving things it's not innovation, it's marketing! ;)

+1
jellyjim
Frequent Poster
Original artwork and unique devices inspired by vintage technology http://www.thisisobsolete.com

Postby blinddrew » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:26 am

Sam Spoons wrote:Like everything it all comes down to money and the economists stupid idea that 'growth' is the only measure of a health economy :headbang:
+1
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Folderol » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:46 am

The Red Bladder wrote:BTW, LED lighting still does not work properly for film! I have been playing with various LED systems and they fall apart in two areas - pulsing and subtly true colour. It's OK'ish for theatre and TV but still fails in film where pulsing prevent it being used in more extreme settings, such as low-light. Also, colour aberrations prevent the use of RGB lights - even on the Arri Skypannel (£5k each!) and one still has to put filters in front of them to get a true colour representation (unless you want bright red or green faces).
Pulsing shouldn't occur with a proper HF control. Unfortunately some manufacturers cheap out and just chop up ordinary rectified mains giving an average constant power, so you get 100Hz ripple (which filament lamps tend to smooth out).

P.S.
The lights in my kitchen are like that. Impossible to take a photo when they are on :(
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Previous