You are here

Desktop Speaker Stands

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Desktop Speaker Stands

Postby IAA » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Ok, I’m not far off reassembling my studio in our new house and I’ve been going over some layouts. I’m going to have a largish deck with Mac and some small keyboard controllers, Avid, artist mix etc and I want my speakers KRK VXT 4 to be positioned stably and effectively isolated. I’ve been looking at IsoAcoustics ISO 130, but happy to get any comments on other desk stands of worthiness.
IAA
Regular

Re: Desktop Speaker Stands

Postby Uncle Freddie » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:42 pm

I have been using IsoAcoustics under my Genelec 1031A's since 2016; I have been happy with them.
Uncle Freddie
Poster

Postby Wunderkind » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:31 am

I also have been using IsoAcoustics for a few years now, and I'm quite satisfied them.
Wunderkind
In order to help you decide which flushing toilets are of best buy. Try this American Standard toilets. https://bestflushingtoilets.org/american-standard-toilet/ 

Postby IAA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:27 am

Cheers, they review well but wanted some real life user view. :thumbup:
IAA
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:10 pm

We've used a lot of IsoAcoustics stands in our Studio SOS makeovers, and I'm really impressed with how well they perform... so another strong recommendation from me -- they are the stands I would use myself in that kind of situation, without doubt.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby IAA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:12 pm

Thanks all, ordering today!
IAA
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:30 pm

I've got a set too, but given that I've changed absolutely everything about my room set either side of buying them I really can't comment on their effectiveness! :D
Still, I'm sure the usual post-purchase-rationalisation will confirm that they do sound clearer, crisper, and with a smell of fresh-baked bread whilst simultaneously making me more attractive to the opposite sex.
YMMV ;)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby IAA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:57 pm

Still, I'm sure the usual post-purchase-rationalisation will confirm that they do sound clearer, crisper, and with a smell of fresh-baked bread whilst simultaneously making me more attractive to the opposite sex.

...as all my studio purchases seem to be. Funny that... :headbang: Except the last bit, Mrs IAA remains impassive and unmoved at every unboxing..,,I fear this will be no exception. :D
IAA
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:54 pm

More training is required.

Mrs R now shows enthusiasm whenever I unbox toys -- sorry, professional equipment -- and always says things like "That's lovely darling", or "That sounds wonderful"...

Do you think she's faking it? :shifty:
Hugh Robjohns

Postby IAA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 pm

:o , surely not!
The only time I got a positive reaction it was along the lines of , “well I suppose the box will come in handy for putting some garden stuff in the shed”
Needless to say I rescued the Moog box before it made the one way trip to the shed....
IAA
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 pm

:lol:
Hugh Robjohns