You are here

Mismatch in tempos?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Mismatch in tempos?

Postby zenguitar » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:25 am

The Elf wrote:
john@franklinroadstudio wrote:I’m a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to MIDI so...
Depending on where you are I could come sort you out with MIDI clocking in a trice - much better than kludging it. It's really pretty simple stuff!
An offer worth taking up. MIDI is very powerful but doesn’t have any intelligence built in, users have to do the thinking for it. A little hand holding and guidance will pay for itself in no time, and The Elf is ideally qualified and has a well earned reputation as an excellent one to one teacher.

Andy :beamup:
User avatar
zenguitar
Moderator
Posts: 9510
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:00 am
Location: Devon
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Re: Mismatch in tempos?

Postby john@franklinroadstudio » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:45 pm

The Elf wrote:
john@franklinroadstudio wrote:I’m a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to MIDI so...
Depending on where you are I could come sort you out with MIDI clocking in a trice -

Many thanks for your kind offer.

However, what I think I'm going to do is embark on a fresh arrangement starting with the drums ( which is what I'd normally do anyway) and re-record the guitar and bass parts.
"Kludge" is the new "bodge" - love it!
john@franklinroadstudio
New here
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Re: Mismatch in tempos?

Postby The Elf » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:57 pm

I'm more thinking of sorting you out for using MIDI in the future, rather than this one specific project. Well, the offer is there, should it be required and practical.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13718
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Mismatch in tempos?

Postby john@franklinroadstudio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:49 pm

The Elf wrote:I'm more thinking of sorting you out for using MIDI in the future, rather than this one specific project. Well, the offer is there, should it be required and practical.

Once again, your offer is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that ninety miles each wach way counts as practical, though...
john@franklinroadstudio
New here
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Re: Mismatch in tempos?

Postby The Elf » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:49 pm

john@franklinroadstudio wrote:
The Elf wrote:I'm more thinking of sorting you out for using MIDI in the future, rather than this one specific project. Well, the offer is there, should it be required and practical.
Once again, your offer is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that ninety miles each wach way counts as practical, though...
90 miles is pretty much a walk down the road relative to the miles I travel in a month!

The offer stands.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13718
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Previous