You are here

Reaper text/resolution

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Reaper text/resolution

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm

It does on my MBP on Reaper V6 but not on V5.97 (I've just upgraded).
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Arpangel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Martin Walker wrote:I've just change mine from 1.0 (default) to 1.1, and it's just enough to make reading plug-in names easier, while avoiding the Fisher Price look.

Oh, and if anyone tries it and nothing happens, as well as changing the 'Scale UI elements...' multiplier, you also have to tick the box to the left of this text before clicking on OK :headbang:

Martin

Really greatfull for this thread, I’ve just found out how to enlarge the track text, it’s a revelation, I can actually see the meters now too, from across the room, so no need for an external meter,

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Have you found a way to increase the text size within the text boxes? There's plenty of real estate in the track windows for bigger boxes and bigger text.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:50 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:It does on my MBP on Reaper V6 but not on V5.97 (I've just upgraded).

Aha - that makes sense, as I've also upgraded to Reaper 6 (currently at version 6.04).

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Arpangel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:Have you found a way to increase the text size within the text boxes? There's plenty of real estate in the track windows for bigger boxes and bigger text.

AFAIK, everything’s just increased in size, I’m on the latest version of Reaper. I put in 1.50.00
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 pm

I'm also looking for a way to increase marker text size if at all possible.

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 pm

Yeah that's where I'm at so far, I'm finding if I do that I can only display 4 or 5 channels. What I'd like is a skin that makes the text larger without the track windows getting bigger.

I've just put V6 on the laptop and it only displays the input text box the record enabled :headbang: I suppose they decided some biggish visual changes were justified to step up from V5.97 to V6. Shame, the skin/GUI could remain the same with a few additions which would not involve a new learning curve for what are purely cosmetic differences (and I thought I'd never say something like that about Reaper.....).

I was about to buy a new licence as mine dates back to V4 but that and a couple of other unnecessary GUI changes have almost put me off (and I am an ardent supporter of Reaper and their business paradigm).
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster

Previous