You are here

I like this guy...

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: I like this guy...

Postby OneWorld » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:51 pm

Arpangel wrote:
OneWorld wrote:
Rich Hanson wrote:I first came across him a couple of years ago and I didn't get it. Then something drew me back to his channel (I think it might have been the Thomann event last yet) and something clicked this time. Even if you don't like his music, you've got to acknowledge his enthusiasm and drive.

I can't see Greta Thunderberg whistling along to his tunes considering his carbon footprint with all that lot, has he got shares in a power station

But she’s using the media, and all of it's polluting technology, but of course, that’s OK, she’ll probably be selling her own perfume when it’s all blown over, but given the latest debacle, that’s up for debate. I know I should know better, and best of luck to her.

:shocked:

"How dare you" ;-)

"I'm thinking of selling my vacuum cleaner on eBay, it's just gathering dust"
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:10 am

OneWorld wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
OneWorld wrote:
Rich Hanson wrote:I first came across him a couple of years ago and I didn't get it. Then something drew me back to his channel (I think it might have been the Thomann event last yet) and something clicked this time. Even if you don't like his music, you've got to acknowledge his enthusiasm and drive.

I can't see Greta Thunderberg whistling along to his tunes considering his carbon footprint with all that lot, has he got shares in a power station

But she’s using the media, and all of it's polluting technology, but of course, that’s OK, she’ll probably be selling her own perfume when it’s all blown over, but given the latest debacle, that’s up for debate. I know I should know better, and best of luck to her.

:shocked:

"How dare you" ;-)

"I'm thinking of selling my vacuum cleaner on eBay, it's just gathering dust"

Yes, I admire the concern, dedication and caring about the planet for everyone, but I’m a bit too cynical to believe the powers that be will let her get very far.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:41 am

Agreed but that's not really her fault and at least she's doing something.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby blinddrew » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:02 pm

Yeah, she's achieved more in 2 years than I have in 45 so I'm not going to criticise.

More vacuum cleaner jokes required. :clap:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Rich Hanson » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:05 pm

blinddrew wrote:Yeah, she's achieved more in 2 years than I have in 45 so I'm not going to criticise.

Hell no, they suck
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster

Postby Folderol » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm

blinddrew wrote:Yeah, she's achieved more in 2 years than I have in 45 so I'm not going to criticise.
Agreed... and ditto
Oh if you insist...

<BREAKING NEWS>
Microsoft have started manufacturing vacuum cleaners. At last they've produced something that doesn't suck.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby ManFromGlass » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm

True story -
When I was a youngster and discovering the joys of the machine called a vacuum cleaner I made the mistake of vacuuming too close to the open budgie bird cage. The little fellow was curious what this metal tube was sucking up all the grit and feathers that it liked to kick around. He was a little too fat to go down the tube but imagine little birdie feet sticking out the end.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:47 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:He was a little too fat to go down the tube but imagine little birdie feet sticking out the end.

Now if that happened nowadays you'd be tweeting about it :beamup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Previous