You are here

Resampling a guitar cab IR

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Resampling a guitar cab IR

Postby garrettendi » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:45 am

Hi guys!

I have a guitar cab Impulse Response at 48khz but I need it to be 44.1khz for the guitar amp software I'm using. I was thinking of using Audacity to resample from 48 to 44.1 which I assume will work fine with no loss as it's downsampling not upsampling. Am I completely off?
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Re: Resampling a guitar cab IR

Postby shufflebeat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:37 am

I'm doing something similar with Reaper and it seems to work ok.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dancing Queen - feel the heat from the tangerine, ooh yeah!"

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby garrettendi » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks shufflebeat!

I’ve done some further digging and it seems most convolvers do up- or downsampling with IRs as needed to match the input rate!

So I guess changing the rate on the IR itself should make no difference to what most convolvers already do!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby shufflebeat » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:44 pm

I've been loading IRs into a Mooer Radar and it's a bit choosey as to what it will accept. It is at the more basic end of the tech spectrum so I shouldn't really complain.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dancing Queen - feel the heat from the tangerine, ooh yeah!"

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby garrettendi » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:54 pm

shufflebeat wrote:I've been loading IRs into a Mooer Radar and it's a bit choosey as to what it will accept. It is at the more basic end of the tech spectrum so I shouldn't really complain.

So there’s still a chance it might not work. Hmm guess all I can do is try!
garrettendi
Frequent Poster (Level2)