You are here

Focusrite Control 3.5.0 via MIDI controller?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Focusrite Control 3.5.0 via MIDI controller?

Postby rokyronnie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:26 pm

I'm planning to get a Scarlett audio card (not exactly sure what model, yet), but I have a question, is it possible to control Focusrite Control 3.5.0 with any MIDI controller? like you can do in Voice Meeter Banana for example.

Also, I have another question for Windows users. I want to know if it is possible to adjust the overall volume, including your DAW, from your windows mixer control by using the Scarlett and FC 3.5.0. In other words, is the sound from your DAW going straight to the output of the card? or it's going through windows too.

Thanks!
rokyronnie
Regular

Re: Focusrite Control 3.5.0 via MIDI controller?

Postby desmond » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Not directly - there are no MIDI learn features in the app.

However, on Mac, one guy reverse engineered the communications format the app uses to communicate with the hardware, and made a program to do exactly this, and it's great, but unfortunately not very stable (and he doesn't know how to fix it).

So I've been using this to, for instance, control input and output volumes via a MIDI faderbox when I'm doing stuff other than DAW stuff, and it's really useful.

I wish Focusrite would add this feature properly, though...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio