You are here

Big Knob Recording Issue

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Big Knob Recording Issue

Postby Soman » Fri May 29, 2020 2:20 am

I just got a BIG Knob interface to replace my old mbox2 since Is not compatible with this mac OS using Garage band, buuuut when I tried to record voice I can hear the music (from the other tracks) in the back ground on the voice track and yes monitors are off and headphones are not that loud and I even I disconnected the mic and should be an empty track but is not, you can still hear the music in the background, it's like crossing lines or something inside the interface?
does anybody else had this problem?
I already check manual and everything is connected properly!
btw on the mbox2 voice track used to be clean no music was cough by either from interface or mic. well I hope I can get some help here. thanks
Soman
Location: https://giupviectheogio.com/giup-viec-theo-gio.html

Re: Big Knob Recording Issue

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri May 29, 2020 10:46 am

Soman wrote:...when I tried to record voice I can hear the music (from the other tracks) in the back ground on the voice track and yes monitors are off and headphones are not that loud and I even I disconnected the mic and should be an empty track but is not, you can still hear the music in the background, it's like crossing lines or something inside the interface?
does anybody else had this problem?

This is most probably a switch error on the Big Knob, or a routing error in the GarageBand.

On the Big Knob, make sure the Record Select button is set to inputs 1/2, not two-track.

I don't use garage band so I can't help with the signal routing within that, but hopefully others will be along to help if the BK button isn't the problem.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound