You are here

Need New Headphones

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Need New Headphones

Postby al_diablo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:06 pm

John Willett wrote:
Rich Hanson wrote:I've just received my replacement HD25s. It's a limited edition - the ear pads are yellow!!

Fortunately, they came with spare black ear pads.

The most comfortable (and long lasting) are the velour pads. They last two to three times as long and don't peel like the leatherette ones do after a while.

You only need to change the velour ones when the internal foam is turning to dust.

I swapped over to the velour ones years ago. :thumbup:

They're more comfortable but don't block external noise nearly as well. I still prefer the leatherette ones on a plane (not that I'll be going on one for a while...)
al_diablo
Regular

Re: Need New Headphones

Postby John Willett » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:17 am

al_diablo wrote:
John Willett wrote:
Rich Hanson wrote:I've just received my replacement HD25s. It's a limited edition - the ear pads are yellow!!

Fortunately, they came with spare black ear pads.

The most comfortable (and long lasting) are the velour pads. They last two to three times as long and don't peel like the leatherette ones do after a while.

You only need to change the velour ones when the internal foam is turning to dust.

I swapped over to the velour ones years ago. :thumbup:

They're more comfortable but don't block external noise nearly as well. I still prefer the leatherette ones on a plane (not that I'll be going on one for a while...)

It's a 3dB difference in isolation between the leatherette and velour pads - in the end I chose comfort over the 3dB improvement in isolation. ;)
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Previous