You are here

Cubase 10.5.20 - Scrollbar Missing form Console!

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Cubase 10.5.20 - Scrollbar Missing form Console!

Postby dbfs » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi Folks,

I have had this problem whereby the bottom scrollbar is missing in the Cubase Mix Console window. I am on OSX Mojave 10.14.5.

When I open the mixer widow in the lower section of the arrange/project page it is all is good, scrollbar visible But then even if I click the button there to open the console in a full separate window, the scrollbar disappears.

It is really annoying as I have to make sure I have all tracks set to the minimum width otherwise I cannot see the ones out of view.

I also had this problem on the previous version of 10.5 and thought the latest update might fix this, but seems not. Any ideas appreciated.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 - Scrollbar Missing form Console!

Postby dbfs » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:49 pm

Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Postby Kwackman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:34 pm

dbfs wrote:When I open the mixer widow in the lower section of the arrange/project page it is all is good, scrollbar visible.
Which scroll bar? The one for the mixer or the one for the project window?
I'm running 10.13.6, Cubase 10.5. I usually don't use the mixer in the lower section, but I've just done it, and both scroll bars are there, the mixer's at the bottom of the mixer section, and the project page's at the bottom of the project section of the window, just above the mixer window.

dbfs wrote:But then even if I click the button there to open the console in a full separate window, the scrollbar disappears..
I'm getting a bit confused here. Opening the mix console in a "Full separate window" will cover the project page, so you'll not see the project scroll bar, but you'll see the mixer's scroll bar as it's part of the mixer window.

If you mean, you want to see the project scroll bar, then
1. Resize the new mixer window so you can see enough of the bottom of the project window to see it's scroll bar.
2. You'll only see the project windows scroll bar if you don't have "mixer in lower section" selected.

Or, to put it another way, have your project window full screen, and instead of selecting to put the mixer in the bottom section, just press F3 (or select "Mix Console" under the "Studio" menu. If the new mixer window is covering the entire screen, resize it from the bottom and you should see your scroll bar?

I'm not 100% sure I understood your query, so my attempt to answer may only bring more confusion? :frown:
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Cubase, guitars.

Postby dbfs » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:42 am

Hi,

Thanks for replying. It is the scrollbar in the mixer window that is missing.

Either docked in the project page or opened separately in its own window.

I have emailed Steinberg support, but got nothing back yet. I did find suggestions online for example trying to reset the window layout using the window menu, (Window-> windows-> Reset Layout) but that does not work for this particular problem in this case.

Thanks for looking.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Postby Rich Hanson » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Could it be the automatic scroll bar hiding that is switched on by default?

Go to System Preferences > General and set "Show scroll bars" to always and see if that helps.
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby dbfs » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi Rich, Kwackman

Thanks for the suggestions. It turns out that it's was visibility settings in the actual console.
When I set all channels to the center of the three dots, the scroll bar reappears.

I still done think it quite right, but that works, so I am happy enough.
If I set the visibility to the left dot, then the scroll bar is gone and I cannot see some channels.

Using a combination of positions left, right and center works great.

So in summary, All channels to the left is a problem, all channels in center is fine (Default) and other combinations also seem to work.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Postby Basari Studios » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:51 pm

dbfs wrote:Hi Rich, Kwackman

Thanks for the suggestions. It turns out that it's was visibility settings in the actual console.
When I set all channels to the center of the three dots, the scroll bar reappears.

Ahahahahahaha...i am late to the Party but i lost 2 hours today
with the exact same problem only to read your Solution here.

Thanks
Basari Studios
Regular
10900k. ASUS Pro Art Z490