You are here

Good hardware reverb?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Good hardware reverb?

Postby Arpangel » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:16 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:Finding a personal assistant is a big project :D

Yes, as soon as you get a bit recognised, and get some money, it seems de rigueur.
I could go for that, no more having to buy stuff, deal with music shops, technical problems etc, worth paying for a PA definitely.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:20 pm

A term of affection we used to use over here many years ago was Bumboy.
Is that not PC anymore?
:?:
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:18 am

ManFromGlass wrote:A term of affection we used to use over here many years ago was Bumboy.
Is that not PC anymore?
:?:

I’m talking about someone who actually knows how to do stuff, in a way I don’t, someone who can bring something to the table creatively not just run errands and do,paperwork. Someone who can make something happen, an idea I have I don’t know how make reality, they would know technically, how to make it possible.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Yup, Bumboy or Bumgirl.
Generally smarter than the person that employs them, up on the latest tech, can solder with one hand while rewiring the studio with the other so it’s better, while archiving every single patch for hardware with diagrams with the other while they tell you to make your own effing tea! And that’s just a start to their abilities.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Arpangel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 am

ManFromGlass wrote:Yup, Bumboy or Bumgirl.
Generally smarter than the person that employs them, up on the latest tech, can solder with one hand while rewiring the studio with the other so it’s better, while archiving every single patch for hardware with diagrams with the other while they tell you to make your own effing tea! And that’s just a start to their abilities.

There is no way I’d let someone make my coffee, or clean up my mess, but I’d be very happy to let them solder, set-up gear and go and buy stuff. All things I hate.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:33 am

Back to reverbs, I’ve ordered a 2016 rack, thanks for all the offers and help, but it sounds like it will be perfect for what I need, hardware, knobs, dead easy to,use, and a very flexible sound, from straight to wild.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby R_A » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:44 am

Arpangel wrote:Back to reverbs, I’ve ordered a 2016 rack, thanks for all the offers and help, but it sounds like it will be perfect for what I need, hardware, knobs, dead easy to,use, and a very flexible sound, from straight to wild.

Great choice. I've been using the 2016 plugin since the Princeton Digital days, which I later upgraded to vst Eventide SP2016 Reverb. I've also previously hired a SP2016 (the old black hardware version) for an album mix down. It's a very nice reverb to work with - enjoy!
R_A
Regular

Postby Ramirez » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 pm

I very much like the 2016 plugin
Ramirez
Frequent Poster
www.stiwdiosain.cymru

Postby Arpangel » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:23 am

Yes, it’s well regarded, some things are right first time round, no matter what the technology used, and they never get improved on, like my Lexicon 224 they become classics.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby IvanSC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:51 am

Arpangel wrote:
blinddrew wrote:ILok is a common bit of copy-protection software. It used to involve a hardware dongle as well. Lots of early users seem to have scare stories about it but I've been using the software-only version for plenty of years with no issues.

Thanks, but I just can’t be bothered, just for a free trial.

Hi Tony! FWIW I got the 2016 room trial & it doesnt really give you much of an idea of what the rest of the plugin is going to be like. Frankly I dont find myself reaching for it too often, but then I have a bunch of other plugins that do the job well & I alerady know how they work... sometimes it isnt worth laving to learn a whole bunch of new swtuff in the hope that a plugin may have hidden depths that you can use..
IvanSC
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Two bottles of Corona lemon and lime,  please!

Postby Arpangel » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 am

IvanSC wrote:
Arpangel wrote:
blinddrew wrote:ILok is a common bit of copy-protection software. It used to involve a hardware dongle as well. Lots of early users seem to have scare stories about it but I've been using the software-only version for plenty of years with no issues.

Thanks, but I just can’t be bothered, just for a free trial.

Hi Tony! FWIW I got the 2016 room trial & it doesnt really give you much of an idea of what the rest of the plugin is going to be like. Frankly I dont find myself reaching for it too often, but then I have a bunch of other plugins that do the job well & I alerady know how they work... sometimes it isnt worth laving to learn a whole bunch of new swtuff in the hope that a plugin may have hidden depths that you can use..

Hi, I’ve ordered the Princeton 2016, I’m happy it’s going to be fine, long delivery time though.
I just don’t feel easy about using software lately, I still buy CD's for that solid, I actually own something that won’t go away feeling,
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Previous