You are here

Newb question: RODECaster Pro + Audition (both Win & MAC)

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Newb question: RODECaster Pro + Audition (both Win & MAC)

Postby Minefield » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:10 am

Hey, new guy here. Got a Rodecaster the other day and love it so far, but I've hit a snag.

When recording my intros I like to record straight into Audition and editing multiple takes on the fly.

I have everything set up to record, but I can't figure out how to get playback in my headphones for editing. If I plug into the Rode, I hear my monitor on recording but not playback. I've tried this both on PC and MAC to same effect.

I've tried all the things that seem logical and now I'm just at the flipping random switches stage of frustration

Thanks in advance.
Minefield

Re: Newb question: RODECaster Pro + Audition (both Win & MAC)

Postby blinddrew » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am

Hi Minefield, i'm not an Audition user but i have a Rodecaster sitting behind me at the moment. :)
It sounds like you're using it as an interface rather than a standalone recorder? And I'm assuming you're plugging your headphones into the Rode not directly into the Mac?
In which case it sounds like Audition might only be seeing the Rode as an input device. Somewhere there should be the option to specify the output device as well.
That's where i would start looking.
Hope that helps.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby ef37a » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:29 am

Now I could be talking a load of sphericals here but...

Some DAWs do not allow you to set a track to a different output device from the input, iirc.

It seems as though that is what you need to do? Reaper will probably allow that but I know Samplitude does, even the basic version. You cannot use ASIO drivers though.

Just a thought.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Minefield » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:26 pm

Hey y'all thanks so much. I actually figured it out.

I am using it as an interface and because the Rodecaster plugs in to the computer via the same USB as input 5 I had to adjust the gain on that channel to hear playback.

Kinda weird but also makes sense, just hadn't thought to try it.

Thanks!
Minefield