You are here

Cubase Device Panels Help!

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Cubase Device Panels Help!

Postby Moroccomoose » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 am

Is there anyone who can help me with cubase device panels for external MIDI gear.

In the first instance, all I want to do is to be able to use a sysex command to set the output routing of a given patch on a channel. (Proteus 2000 has 3 stereo outs and each patch (one per channel) can be routed to anyone but I want to be able to do this from the Cubase GUI.

So far, I have been able to set up a panel with a slider that drives the sysex parameter and I can get it to work on one channel.

I cannot for the life of me replicate the panel I have designed to each channel , leaving me to have to construct a new individual (but identical) panel for each channel. In the short term this is entirely possible, only having one slider, to recreate the panel 16 times, but as is my way, I will want to add functionality as my confidence grows - I do not wish to have to repeat all updates to my panel 16 times, every time!

Any help out there would be very well received!

I am open to any other suggestions for sending a sysex parameter from cubase.
Cheers

Stu.
Moroccomoose
Regular