You are here

Need new monitors... upgrading from my babies, the rokit 5's

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Need new monitors... upgrading from my babies, the rokit 5's

Postby resistorman » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm

ErisXT for listening/ preliminary mix and good cans to finish.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby Hjlphilp » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 pm

We gone fire em up, and see what sonarworks does... cause sonarworks was AMAZING on my headphones... just SHOCKING!Image

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Hjlphilp
Poster

Postby Arpangel » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 am

You got them! Good choice, for the money they won’t short change you.

:thumbup:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby dickiefunk » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:07 pm

I would recommend the Neumann KH80dsp or KH120’s if the Eris sounds too bass heavy in your untreated room.

I have the KH120’s and love them.
dickiefunk
Frequent Poster
http://www.richardpenrose.com

Postby Arpangel » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:41 am

dickiefunk wrote:I would recommend the Neumann KH80dsp or KH120’s if the Eris sounds too bass heavy in your untreated room.

I think he should be OK, the Eris have a bit of adjustment round the back, if they sound a bit bass heavy, but I’m guessing given the music Hjlphilp is making they’ll be just what he needs.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Hjlphilp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:51 am

Ok update on my update adventure... the eris e8 xts were as big as my house so I couldn't use em. I mean I couldn't even see my screen... i was getting too big for my britches

But I just watched Warren huart use sonarworks with the Kali lp6s... the exact ones I ordered after getting ready to send the big bois back. I'll be getting them tomorrow.

Like I said, anything will sound better than some blown speakers... BUT its a miracle that I've been able to mix this long being THIS handicapped lol

BTW AGAIN... sonarworks on my ath m70s have been a GAMECHANGER... like... honestly instantly better at translating and making even more powerful mixing decisions... cant wait to have two FULL speakers to listen on lol

Hjlphilp
Poster

Postby Hjlphilp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:51 am

Arpangel wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:I would recommend the Neumann KH80dsp or KH120’s if the Eris sounds too bass heavy in your untreated room.

I think he should be OK, the Eris have a bit of adjustment round the back, if they sound a bit bass heavy, but I’m guessing given the music Hjlphilp is making they’ll be just what he needs.
Ok update on my update adventure... the eris e8 xts were as big as my house so I couldn't use em. I mean I couldn't even see my screen... i was getting too big for my britches

But I just watched Warren huart use sonarworks with the Kali lp6s... the exact ones I ordered after getting ready to send the big bois back. I'll be getting them tomorrow.

Like I said, anything will sound better than some blown speakers... BUT its a miracle that I've been able to mix this long being THIS handicapped lol

BTW AGAIN... sonarworks on my ath m70s have been a GAMECHANGER... like... honestly instantly better at translating and making even more powerful mixing decisions... cant wait to have two FULL speakers to listen on lol

Hjlphilp
Poster

Postby Arpangel » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:25 am

That’s a shame, the Kali's may be more suited to the room, and they have adjustment too, let’s hope the reduction in size suites you better.
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Previous