You are here

Hmmm...interfaces again.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Hmmm...interfaces again.

Postby hooty2 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:27 pm

hi all,
this is a follow up as to how the question in my OP has panned out, following the advice from folks here.
I was prompted to write when a colleague from my school environment dropped by to see what i could offer in support of a recording project for a classical ensemble in Bristol this weekend.

In my bonkers household, he spied the Babyface pro...he was thrilled to see it & after extolling the virtues (temptations) of % finance, i spontaneously declared:
"...i'm loving it, the total mix seems to know what i need before i do..."
he smiled a smile!

focus:
The simple ergonomics & small footprint of the Babyface puts me in a very relaxed mood.
Searching for dark knobs & negotiating a GUI that i don't enjoy, is a thing of the past.
(i own that subjective view)
The headphone output is definitely improved, smooth, loud enough & clean.
Essentially, my own creative mood & concomitant work flow is enhanced...
I totally accept the quality threshold in modern gear.

I have put the Scarlett in a spare room for rough & dirty scribbling to try out ideas.

Finally, i do get such a benefit from this Forum, with little chance to give something back.
Indeed, the last time i tried that, i only confirmed my scattered brain...offering Bob bickerton the use of my Ambient boom, confusing Bob with Mike, who lived in Oxford at that time..
I have made all my gear freely available for the Bristol project, so, i can't give much back here, but maybe in kind, to other engineers to keep the ball rolling.
I'm often too hasty by far,...but, here's the thing...some of my creative spontaneity pays off & breaks some rules with less than professional preparation (in contrast to my work with outside contracts to record).....totalmix and Babyface seem to be an ally and i'm loving them both!
Many thanks to all your thoughts and observations

I read carefully the feedback given on this thread and i have embraced it.
hooty2
Regular

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Good to hear that another lucky winner has discovered the joy that is TotalMix. Once you get your head around it, life without TotalMix becomes unthinkable! :D
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 am

Americans dislike RME, Europeans don't. That's the answer. The specs on RME hold up.

Previous