You are here

Need help with Microphone purchase

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Need help with Microphone purchase

Postby sound bites » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 am

SRoyC wrote:
sound bites wrote:
SRoyC wrote:
sound bites wrote:
A good introductory book on mixing which works also for Cakewalk is Mike Senior's Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio
@SRoyC: Give us your postal address and I‘ll send you a copy.

Thank you so much. But I reside in India, so will it be economically viable for you to send me a physical book?

Sadly these books are very costly when converted to my currency.

Hi,
since you were unable to view my reply, I'm getting back to you over the forum. I was just clarifying, that the book is not a Cakewalk manual, but a great introductory book on mixing and audio in general. This should provide you with the most important basics (and more...) and get you started.
Have a good read!
sound bites
New here

Postby SRoyC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:37 am

sound bites wrote:Hi,
since you were unable to view my reply, I'm getting back to you over the forum. I was just clarifying, that the book is not a Cakewalk manual, but a great introductory book on mixing and audio in general. This should provide you with the most important basics (and more...) and get you started.
Have a good read!

Thank you so much for clarifying. It would be of great help as I have no idea about mixing and whatever I have done (some examples are there on the YouTube channel displyed as my signature), I did that on the basis of trial and error and the idea of Physics that I teach.
SRoyC
Poster

Postby sound bites » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Thank you so much for clarifying. It would be of great help as I have no idea about mixing and whatever I have done (some examples are there on the YouTube channel displyed as my signature), I did that on the basis of trial and error and the idea of Physics that I teach.[/quote]

Hi,

I shipped today. Just standard- no tracking. Would have been a higher price than the book. So, i just hope it gets to you safely. I was told it would take two weeks or so to be delivered.
Let me know when you got it.

PS: Hope you don't mind the underlined passages.

Best and happy mixing!
sound bites
New here

Postby SRoyC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm

sound bites wrote:Hi,

I shipped today. Just standard- no tracking. Would have been a higher price than the book. So, i just hope it gets to you safely. I was told it would take two weeks or so to be delivered.
Let me know when you got it.

PS: Hope you don't mind the underlined passages.

Best and happy mixing!

Thank you so much. I shall let you know as soon as I receive it.
SRoyC
Poster

Previous