You are here

Is there such a thing as a .WAV previewer on planet Terra?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: Is there such a thing as a .WAV previewer on planet Terra?

Postby FrankF » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Well, I've just spent a most pleasant couple of hours rummaging through some 20-year old .wav doodles, whimsies and other sonic malarkey,

so many thanks to Martin W for that recommendation! :headbang:

As you said, Martin, it's a great little programme, and it even loads (and AUTOPLAYS!) big files with a dozen or more tracks (not far shy of a gigabyte in some cases) virtually INSTANTANEOUSLY! Very impressive indeed.

That said, the free version is limited to files containing 8-tracks max, although it does tell you how many tracks the file contains, which is useful if you can't find your old scribbled notes or whatnot.

Not quite sure I'd use all the extra features in the Pro version, so I'll stick with Player for the moment. I can imagine keeping this running in its own right every time I open Reaper, just to browse audio files at lighning speed w/o interfering with the DAW project.
FrankF
Regular

Postby desmond » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:49 pm

:thumbup:

Looks a useful tool.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby FrankF » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:46 pm

Another neat little trick I found is that it lets you rename a file while it's playing, or you can pause it and rename it. In both cases playback stops, but hey, that's better than VLC player.
FrankF
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi again FrankF!

Glad to hear that Resonic Player did the job for you - I use the Pro version on an almost daily basis because of its speed and versatility, and have been following the progress of both since I first mentioned Resonic Player in my then PC Notes column in SOS May 2013:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/pc-notes-5

By the way, Tom Wolf the developer is also very open to feedback and suggestions for future features on both versions - a visit to his forum is also a good idea as other users highlight features they like and describe ways of using Resonic: https://forums.liqube.com/

Martin
Martin Walker

Previous