You are here

Anyone knows of a comprehensive guide for Midas M32r Live?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone knows of a comprehensive guide for Midas M32r Live?

Postby Antreas Nick Nikolaidis » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:54 am

I have bought Midas m32r live but the manual included with the digital mixer does not provide sufficient information regarding routing and connecting with the daw.
Does anyone know of a course, lesson or maybe online website that provides a comprehensive guide for the Midas m32r live so that I can learn all the capabilities of the desk and most importantly the routing?

Thank you in advance for any reply, Antreas Nikolaidis
Antreas Nick Nikolaidis

Re: Anyone knows of a comprehensive guide for Midas M32r Live?

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:17 pm

The firmware is identical to the Behringer X32 so the most comprehensive and up to date resource is probably the X32 Wiki here https://behringerwiki.musictribe.com/index.php?title=X32_Digital_Mixer_Wiki.

For specific questions there is a facebook page (but they are worse than GS for sniping and scoring points, and beware of you ask a question seen as 'newb' :blush: ), or there are still a couple of good guys on the 'music tribe' forum, one in particular who has been involved with the development since the beginning* but the forum is almost impossible to navigate and has recently got even worse with another 'update'. :madas:

* He doesn't do facebook... I've asked him if he would consider joining here but he says he doesn't have the time at the moment. It's a shame as he's extremely knowledgable and helpful and a really nice guy, he would fit in here well.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Antreas Nick Nikolaidis » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Hello Mr. Spoons,

Thank you for your fast reply, I was in the know that the X32 and M32 have similar firmware but I was did not know that they were identical. It's a shame that the person you have mentioned is not on this forum, it would be tremendous help but then again I understand he must be very busy.

I will check the website you provided ASAP!

Thanks again, Antreas Nikolaidis
Antreas Nick Nikolaidis

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:48 pm

The firmware varies slightly between the Core, Rack, Producer, Compact and Full versions of the X32 but apart from the logo on the startup screen are identical between equivalent versions from Midas and Behringer, the only differences between the M32 and X32 are the higher spec preamps and faders and physical layout(and a longer warrantee on the Midas). The iPad and computer apps are interchangeable.

edit to add :- The music tribe forum is usable, just about, and there are still a few knowledgable guys on there and they are a much nicer bunch than the guys on the FB X32 page. Definitely worth a try to see if you can tolerate the dodgy forum software.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........