You are here

Which would you pick and why?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Which would you pick and why?

Postby Watchmaker » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Pick the one you think "fits" your style best as that's really the key with all gear nowadays. Really, the quality of even cheap kit is so good that it will have so little impact on the quality of your recordings that not even the best of the best will be able to tell if you recorded on a 2i2 or a Neve board assuming you paid attention to the performance, room, gain staging, etc. The interface matters not once the signal is in the CPU.

Everything has warts and lumps and you'll eventually form a symbiotic relationship once you've pulled out a sufficient amount of hair so pick the one you like the most for no discernible reason whatsoever.
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Re: Which would you pick and why?

Postby Sam Spoons » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:35 pm

Just a reminder that the OP is buying this for her husband and, while she is clearly learning fast, is a newb to recording. He husband is returning to recording after a long hiatus.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous