You are here

Any Groove Agent users here?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Any Groove Agent users here?

Postby ManFromGlass » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:20 am

Groove Agent is currently at version 5. I used it eons ago when it was an early version. It was easy to use, easy to setup a full song with fills and there were some really cool and useful patterns. I used it with Logic.
It has turned into quite a deep program now but I want to know if it is still easy to put together a song quickly if one doesn't want to go deep.
Have the trees of progress and new features gotten in the way of the forest of quick and easy track assembly? Erm, hmm, or some such cliche!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: Any Groove Agent users here?

Postby resistorman » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:33 am

It was an interesting app back in the day and I had some fun messing around with it, but I don’t know what’s up either. Who’s using it?
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Re: Any Groove Agent users here?

Postby OneWorld » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:48 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:Groove Agent is currently at version 5. I used it eons ago when it was an early version. It was easy to use, easy to setup a full song with fills and there were some really cool and useful patterns. I used it with Logic.
It has turned into quite a deep program now but I want to know if it is still easy to put together a song quickly if one doesn't want to go deep.
Have the trees of progress and new features gotten in the way of the forest of quick and easy track assembly? Erm, hmm, or some such cliche!

I used to really like ga2, the way you had that slider to select different kits and grooves on the fly, yet there was still the ability to customise things a bit. I am now on ga5 though I tend to use the free version that comes with Cubase. Whilst I like it, I don’t think it is intuitive- there are several ways to load a kit/grooves but there seems to be an inconsistency. When software has me googling “how do I.........<whatever>“ then it needs redesigning. The kits do sound good though
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)