You are here

Hear what I'm saying to Zoom h4n pro

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Hear what I'm saying to Zoom h4n pro

Postby chengtie@gmail.com » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm

I'm very new to sound recording.

I wanted to make videos with good sound quality, then I bought Zoom H4n Pro to use it as an audio interface.

I use Mac; I connect H4n to the Mac via USB. I could set up QuickTime such that it records my screen as visual input and what I say to H4n as audio input.

Now, I want to hear what I'm saying to H4n while recording. Because I think if I can hear it, I could speak better (it's like Karaoke, we sing better if we hear well what we sing).

There is a headphone plug on the left side of H4n. I tried to plug a headphone while recording, but I could not hear anything.

Does anyone know how I could set up my Mac & H4n & QuickTime (or other software) such that I could hear what I'm saying to H4n while recording? If I need to buy some other equipments to enable this, I could...

PS: a youtuber with a microphone (rather than h4n) and a headphone, I guess he could hear well what he is saying without lags. Isn't it possible with h4n?

Promotional image removed; it's not necessary to view it to answer the question --ED.
chengtie@gmail.com

Re: Hear what I'm saying to Zoom h4n pro

Postby BJG145 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. P71 of the manual explains how "turning on the monitor function allows you to monitor input signals".
BJG145
Jedi Poster