You are here

Ordering from Thomann...

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Ordering from Thomann...

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:40 pm

I think he's complaining about tax that is going into UK coffers :headbang:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Still taking this recording lark seriously (and trying to record my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby The Elf » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 pm

As Meatloaf once said, "Two outta three ain't bad..." :lol:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Mike Stranks » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:23 am

uselessoldman wrote:Brokerage fee?? What to confirm you have ALREADY paid tax or not? I could understand it if they collected the TAX but when you have already paid for something why should you then pay again, JUST TO CONFIRM YOU HAVE PAID IT? Oh I bet the couriers love us ordering from abroad now? money grabbing %$^*$&(%^)^_&_

The issue here is not really new goods, although thats important in its own right, its the NEW VAT applicable items, presents World Wide and second hand items from the EU that before did not attract VAT. If my brother sends me something from the US as a present I have to pay VAT on it. But not if he send me some money through paypal. IF I buy something second hand on eBay from the EU I have to pay VAT on it, I never had to before !!

Just another Government scam to pay for Covid

There's so much misunderstanding and SHOUTING here that I think it's best ignored.

As for 'Buy British and you won't get these problems'... as I explained earlier, some of this kit is simply not available from UK suppliers.

I was not objecting to 'Brokerage' - merely reporting on what the total bill was. I've had to pay 'brokerage' before on occasion - when buying goods from the States. Someone has to do the import admin... they're not charities and thus expect to be paid.

We chose to sever mutually-beneficial trading links with other EU partners... did anyone really think we were going to have a win-win situation as a result?
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:26 am

Mike Stranks wrote:did anyone really think...

...before they voted Leave?

I wouldn't like to guess on the percentage... :headbang:

I've got something coming from Thomann, because they weren't available from any UK dealer I could find...
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby uselessoldman » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:36 am

You are probably right Mike, keeping calm and is a good place to be.

Not only is there the potential problem of items not being available or being able to source here in the UK its stock levels and supply which has lead to ever increasing prices or less discounting.

Although the "live" music industry has been shut for the best part of 12 months I am sure demand has still been strong in other areas. I have spent considerably more this past 12 months than I have over the previous 5 years and probably a 50/50 split old and new

I am sure PMT will not be complaining anytime soon, and I will be expecting a xmas card from them !!
uselessoldman
Regular

Previous