You are here

The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby Wonks » Mon May 17, 2021 10:01 am

This is the latest version of ASIO4ALL (V2.14) I could find that supports XP. If you haven't tried it with the Xenyx, then I suggest you give it a go.

https://www.asio4all.org/downloads_11/A ... nglish.exe

And make sure that the ASIO4ALL driver is selected in your software. Just loading it onto your PC won't be enough.
User avatar
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Posts: 11613
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Reading, UK
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby ef37a » Mon May 17, 2021 3:51 pm

If push comes to shove, buy a UCA 202. I no longer have an XP machine to try mine on but I am sure it will work.

Even if you got the 802 to work, being a very early, 16 bit USB interface it is sure to suffer from the dreaded "16 bit USB whine". The 202, despite being 16 bit seems not to.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 12882
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am
Location: northampton uk

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby James Perrett » Mon May 17, 2021 4:46 pm

ef37a wrote:Even if you got the 802 to work, being a very early, 16 bit USB interface it is sure to suffer from the dreaded "16 bit USB whine". The 202, despite being 16 bit seems not to.

I think it depends Dave - my UCA222 certainly suffers from a whine (which are possibly idle tones) sometimes but not all the time. Mine has a date code of 1704 (April 2017 as I understand it).
User avatar
James Perrett
Moderator
Posts: 10775
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby ef37a » Mon May 17, 2021 5:15 pm

James Perrett wrote:
ef37a wrote:Even if you got the 802 to work, being a very early, 16 bit USB interface it is sure to suffer from the dreaded "16 bit USB whine". The 202, despite being 16 bit seems not to.

I think it depends Dave - my UCA222 certainly suffers from a whine (which are possibly idle tones) sometimes but not all the time. Mine has a date code of 1704 (April 2017 as I understand it).

Have you got Windows Record Gain set to 5% or less James? That should push any whine below 'source' noise, especially those horrible 305mm black things!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 12882
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am
Location: northampton uk

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby blinddrew » Mon May 17, 2021 8:31 pm

My 1202 didn't suffer from that whine.
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14842
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby ef37a » Tue May 18, 2021 9:49 am

blinddrew wrote:My 1202 didn't suffer from that whine.

Yes, the problem does seem very haphazard. I suspect it is some sort of interaction with certain USB drivers or/and certain MOBOs?
But then WTF do I know!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster
Posts: 12882
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 12:00 am
Location: northampton uk

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby blinddrew » Tue May 18, 2021 10:15 am

ef37a wrote:
blinddrew wrote:My 1202 didn't suffer from that whine.

Yes, the problem does seem very haphazard. I suspect it is some sort of interaction with certain USB drivers or/and certain MOBOs?
But then WTF do I know!

Dave.
More than me! :D
User avatar
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Posts: 14842
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:00 am
Location: York
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: The old Win XP driver for Behringer Xenyx Q802

Postby James Perrett » Tue May 18, 2021 11:05 am

ef37a wrote:Yes, the problem does seem very haphazard. I suspect it is some sort of interaction with certain USB drivers or/and certain MOBOs?
But then WTF do I know!

I think the problem knows when you need to get something done in a hurry. I never managed to make it happen when I had time to track it down.
User avatar
James Perrett
Moderator
Posts: 10775
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:00 am
Location: The wilds of Hampshire
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Previous