You are here

USB light problem of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd generation)

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

USB light problem of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd generation)

Postby milkhotel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:54 pm

First of all, hi, whilei was recording, suddenly the electricity went off and after the electricity came on, the usb icon on my focusrite sound card was not lit. At the same time, my computer does not identify focusrite usb, but the 48v button of my focusrite sound card is working. My sound card has electricity but the USB light is not on. what I want to ask; Could my sound card be burned out? Or is my usb port broken? I will be glad if you help :)
milkhotel

Re: USB light problem of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd generation)

Postby James Perrett » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Try a different USB port on your computer.

If you are on Windows, take a look at Device Manager on your computer - is there a cross next to that USB port? If so, it might be worth deleting the USB port in Device Manager and then asking Windows to scan for new hardware. Windows will automatically detect the deleted port and then re-install the drivers for it. This fixed an issue I had with my disappearing USB ports.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Re: USB light problem of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd generation)

Postby milkhotel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 pm

I tried it on many computers but none of them recognized usb. When I connect usb to my computer, even usb notification doesn't come up.
milkhotel