You are here

Can’t record guitar into DAW...definitely missing something obvious

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Can’t record guitar into DAW...definitely missing something obvious

Postby gregims » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:21 am

Hi all, my family just moved into a new house and I’ve been reconnecting my audio gear. For the most part everything is going well except for some reason I’m unable to get a guitar signal into Studio One. Nothing about the setup has changed since before the move.
Simple enough setup: I’m running instruments into a Harbinger 1202 mixer and running the main outs of the Mixer into a Presonus 24c. Running the mains of the 24c into my monitors and using the Presonus to handle the computer’s audio as well. Playing a video on the computer comes through the monitors no problem.
Guitar is the same set up as before. Running the emulated out into the mono side of one of the mixer’s line inputs. Turning up level on channel and then main outs fader, only this time nothing is getting to the Presonus. Amp is working. Checked and audio settings in Studio One, my DAW, are set to the 24c for inputs and output. I can’t imagine the mixer crapped out while being carefully packed for three days and in a box I moved myself. But the exact same setup I was using before is getting no input. So, yes, feel like I’m at the point I’ve lost sight of something obvious. Thanks in advance.
gregims
Poster

Re: Can’t record guitar into DAW...definitely missing something obvious

Postby gregims » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:49 am

Hi, not sure how to delete a post, but figured out the issue. Realized I was taking a standard guitar cable out of the emulated out instead of a TRS and running the T into the mono line input. Got it sorted out and was definitely a sign of moving frying your brain. Thanks!
gregims
Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:55 am

Thanks for providing the fix gregims :thumbup:

Rather than deleting the thread I think it's better to leave it here as you may have solved a future reader's problem if they encounter the same situation!
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works | The SOS Forum Album projects

Postby gregims » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:22 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:Thanks for providing the fix gregims :thumbup:

Rather than deleting the thread I think it's better to leave it here as you may have solved a future reader's problem if they encounter the same situation!

Good point! Hopefully saves someone else the time and confusion.
gregims
Poster