You are here

Acoustic Guitar on James' 'Laid'.

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Acoustic Guitar on James' 'Laid'.

Postby JRocker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Yes, my mistake, it's more fret buzz than string squeaks. I was just curious as to why since as I said in my original post, I had never noticed it before until it came on the radio recently (I do know radio tends to lay on compression so maybe that's why its so noticeable on there?) and noticed the fret buzz was very much unmissable to the ears.
JRocker
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 pm

I'd never noticed it before either - As Andy Cross said upthread, I guess they just decided that that was the performance that nailed it and 99% of people would never notice or care! :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby shufflebeat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:57 pm

CS70 wrote:
shufflebeat wrote:This all sounds like what I like to call "Ovation rattle" because, despite the old Balladeer sounding great acoustically and being a dream to play, every one of them had this aspect of their sound that drove us all to Takamine in the olden days.

I have no idea what kind of guitar is involved in this case.

One of my acoustic is a Custom Legend from 96 and it doesn't buzz at all.. on the other side, the battery compartment has a tendency of falling about.

Still an excellent tool for live gigs, thin and very loud before feedback.

Doesn't surprise me at all, a decent setup and your subtle touch would make the most of a great guitar. My experience was with people who played it as it came and usually would become increasingly heavy handed as the anaesthetic took effect.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby CS70 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:03 am

shufflebeat wrote: My experience was with people who played it as it came and usually would become increasingly heavy handed as the anaesthetic took effect.

:lol:
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Previous