You are here

Boom mic stand for Aston Halo?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Moderator: Moderators

Boom mic stand for Aston Halo?

Postby bedazzled_k » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:50 am

Hi

I'm very short on floor space and ideally would like to use my Aston Halo reflection filter (and microphone) on a clamped microphone arm stand.

Can anyone recommend one which will take the weight of the Halo and mic, such as the SE Electronics Z330A?

Thanks
bedazzled_k

Re: Boom mic stand for Aston Halo?

Postby allebaug » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:56 am

Consider not having a floor-standing support: hang an arm from a movable support clamp on a horizontal bar nearer the ceiling. The Halo and mic are just as effective upside-down.

Take this idea from the photography and video and lighting environment.

Floor space might only be taken by vertical columns in corners. Run a horizontal bar clamped between the columns. The bar might also serve as a hanger for sound-control blankets or panels.

Many flexible commercial brands and parts are widely available.

I've used common steel pipe and fittings for some support projects; the clamps and such are more specialized.
allebaug
Poster

Re: Boom mic stand for Aston Halo?

Postby bedazzled_k » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:04 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. I realise I'd worded my question poorly! I meant an arm not a stand.

I like the idea of a horizontal bar no the way, although I'm quite low on wall space too (guitars, acoustic foam, etc). Do you know of any spring-loaded arms that will support the weight I need?

Thanks again
bedazzled_k