You are here

Reaper... mind blown yet again.

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Reaper... mind blown yet again.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu May 16, 2019 2:43 pm

garrettendi wrote:I really don't want to download/buy any new VST plugins for a while to get this kind of sound in Reaper, but do you think a light use of Melda's MSaturator on the Master bus might do the job of getting that little bit of warmth?

EDIT: I have other plugins besides Melda! I'll take a look at what else I have next time I'm in the studio for doing this job

Not sure about any other plugins, but I picked up Kazrog's True Iron plugin yesterday and it sounds lovely to me. It was recommended by Martin in another thread here

There are some youtube videos which you can get an idea of what it does from. It's subtle, the idea is that you apply it to the individual tracks rather than the master buss I think (though of course whatever you want to do etc...) and the combined effects add up to something really nice.

It's pretty cheap - $40 (I also picked up their Synth Warmer plugin for half price at the same time when offered it during the purchase).

I know I'm very happy with it (I haven't tried Synth Warmer yet but I think True Iron is what you'd be after in any case) :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my musical works.
I had a weird time in Surrey once, but that was a drummer's fault.

Re: Reaper... mind blown yet again.

Postby Zukan » Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 am

Must s..ss..st...stay...sss.sstr..ssstrong....
Zukan

Previous