You are here

OEM Music Software - Don't Fall For It!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: OEM Music Software - Don't Fall For It!

Postby KsJohn » Wed May 06, 2015 1:19 pm

Good work...enough said!!! don't fall for cheap products ....reliability is all matters.. thnx for the post!!!
KsJohn
Poster
http://www.analogmix.com/
::.ANALOG ONLINE MIXING...to make your music spellbinding.:

Postby OneWorld » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 am

I thought I was safe buy applying the wisdom "If it sounds too good to be true it is" So, some years ago now, I paid £100 for Reason 5, which I thought was a reasonable price for used software. I received it and all I got for my £100 was a white label cracked CD in a plastic sleeve, total cost have been about £1.00 including postage.

So next time I bought used software, it was Cubase 4, I asked for confirmation that it came with the official USB dongle, boxed and with the registration card, the seller assured me yes yes yes, and took £120 off me - what I received was a cracked copy, in a plastic sleeve and the darned thing was so scratched it wouldn't have worked anyway.

I only ever buy from retailers or manufacturers, and in fact considering the cost of upgrades which are on the whole reasonable, I think it works out cheaper!
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Scramble » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:27 am

These days it's pretty easy to get eBay to refund you in such cases. (Assuming you're buying from eBay... bit tougher if you're not!).

But it's always been the case that when you buy things like a used copy of Cubase or Reason or similar, you need to see photos of everything... if there are no pics then assume if doesn't exist. (Of course photos can be faked, but generally if there are photos then the likelihood that everything is legit is far higher).

Not that I've ever bought used software from eBay, but I know people who have that have, and it's always been fine, but they never buy unless there are photos.
Scramble
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby OneWorld » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Scramble wrote:These days it's pretty easy to get eBay to refund you in such cases. (Assuming you're buying from eBay... bit tougher if you're not!).

But it's always been the case that when you buy things like a used copy of Cubase or Reason or similar, you need to see photos of everything... if there are no pics then assume if doesn't exist. (Of course photos can be faked, but generally if there are photos then the likelihood that everything is legit is far higher).

Not that I've ever bought used software from eBay, but I know people who have that have, and it's always been fine, but they never buy unless there are photos.

it was MugTree and, sorry to say it.....one was SOS Reader's Ads, but am wiser after the fact. I have to add, I have done quite a number of transactions on SOS and in every other case the experience has been flawless, good honest folk, the staff of Life!
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby jollyon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:07 pm

Thanks for the info Martin
jollyon
Poster

Postby jollyon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:14 pm

thanks for the heads up Martin
jollyon
Poster

Previous