You are here

cubase app like garageband?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

cubase app like garageband?

Postby thenortherner » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi
(I wanted to post on the Cubase site but they've made a complete mess of the login system and i can't get in).

Some of you might have noticed the new garageband App for the iPad, and if you've tried it you'll know it's pretty good for a couple of quid. However, if you had a Mac computer you could send your iPad project to it in a oner. Now why can't they do this at Cubase, and Protools, and Logic and the rest for PCs. Wouldn't that be a smart thing to do. I'd pay for it.

if anyone can get into the Cubase site can you post this idea please.
(obscure topic i know)

the northerner
thenortherner

Re: cubase app like garageband?

Postby The Elf » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:52 pm

I can run Cubase on a laptop. Why would I want to run a cut-down version of Cubase on an iPad?
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Andi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Bear in mind that Apple sells hardware, and so is able to price software as an incentive to buy its kit. Every Logic sold needs a Mac to run on, every iPad app needs an iPad to run on.

A.
Andi
Frequent Poster
Andi, www.thedustbowlaudio.com Mixing, Mastering, Audio Editing (and articles) at The Dustbowl Audio

Postby Mixedup » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:10 pm

If you really wanted to hamstring yourself with the limitations of an iPad or similar low-powered computer, you could always use a Windows 7 based tablet (eg Viewsonic) instead of an iPad, and have a much much greater choice of software. That way, you could even view Flash web pages and plug in USB and ethernet devices too...
Mixedup
Jedi Poster