You are here

Can you find any Flaws within my production in this track?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Can you find any Flaws within my production in this track?

Postby zenguitar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Probably better to post this in the Production forum for feedback. I'll move it there now,

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby HenyEnvy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks Andy. Has it been moved though I can't seem to find the post anywhere else?
HenyEnvy

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Hi HenyEnvy!

I think Andy was perhaps having a senior moment, as when I read this thread he'd replied but not actually 'moved' it.

I did so on his behalf, and it's now in our 'Mixing, Mastering & Post Production' forum.

However, I left the 'shadow' thread where it was - this handy feature available to we moderators means that while the thread itself gets moved to its desired destination, a 'shadow' of it remains where it was originally posted, so you don't have to search for the new location - just click on the thread title either in its original location or its 'moved' location and it will open exactly the same thread.

Does that make sense? :beamup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Having said that, it's only fair that I also take the time to listen to your track and offer some comments, as that's what you've been waiting for after all :mrgreen:

First impressions are really good to my ears.

The mix is clear (all the separate elements have their own space, so you can hear them clearly and enjoy them all) and well balanced (there's a good amount of bass, mid and top end, although I might have added a little 'air' to a few of the top end sounds for some sparkle.)

Remarkably, all the vocals and rap parts are beautifully audible (more than can be said for many chart offerings) and I love their delay, pre-echo, stutter and reverb treatments - there's loads of interest here to keep the ears engaged throughout the track.

I don't like these sorts of very repetitive noise-based snare sounds, but that's just my opinion and nothing to do with your production :smirk:

You might have got a little more mileage out of 'dancing' percussive pan movements to occasionally make things jump out of the stereo mix to add more interest. Nevertheless, I'm still enjoying listening to this track after four listens, which is a very good sign.

Overall, I wouldn't personally say there were any faults with your production - let's see what others think ;)

Hope this helps!

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby zenguitar » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:08 pm

:headbang:

:beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby HenyEnvy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Wow thank you Martin!

I really appreciate the time you spent into listening to all the details of the track. I see what you mean with the snare, I tend to get lazy while producing if I'm honest.

Yeah I think I could definitely pay more attention to the whole panning aspect of things too!

Again Thank you for your time, I will keep what you said in mind with my future productions!
HenyEnvy

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

A pleasure HenyEnvy! 8-)

Glad you found my comments useful , and looking forward to hearing your next project! 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker