You are here

Harrison Mixbus 32C Group Buy

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Harrison Mixbus 32C Group Buy

Postby Forum Admin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Some UK subscribers got their copies today.

Web Sub and App go live approx 10:30am tomorrow, Thursday 19th.

By the way, today is SOS’s 32nd birthday.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 10,310 top articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
*NEW* SOS Tutorials: www.soundonsound.com/tutorials

Postby Folderol » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Forum Admin wrote:By the way, today is SOS’s 32nd birthday.
Woo :bouncy:
No burpday cake though :cry:
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.

Postby blinddrew » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Half the average age of its reader base then ;)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Zukan wrote:I received mine today.

So did I. :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 pm

The online version isn't there yet :(

10.30 tomorrow. How can I wait?

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Disclaimer: I don't claim to know anything at all.

Postby Forum Admin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

ConcertinaChap wrote:The online version isn't there yet :(

10.30 tomorrow. How can I wait?

CC

The 'official' publication dates of the UK print magazine are always to be found on this Information page:
https://www.soundonsound.com/information/publication-dates

The web sub version is released around 10:30am on the same day, as are tablet editions, but the latter are dependent upon iTunes and Play store worlwide update times (over which SOS has no control) meaning there can be a few hours delay from country to country.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 10,310 top articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
*NEW* SOS Tutorials: www.soundonsound.com/tutorials

Postby ore_terra » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm still with crash issues... good thing is mixbus support is quite responsive :lol:

Besides the Magic AB thing I mentioned, this is the reply to the last one:

Hi Jose,

We have one "known bug" in the editor: if you grab a region, and start a "drag" operation ( which initiates an UNDO action ), then click a key command ( like region->gain->up ) which initiates a second UNDO action before you finish the first drag, then this will cause a crash. This is hard for us to fix, but it is easy to avoid doing that, if you are aware of the problem.

Your crash report looks like it was caused by this bug.

Best,
-Ben

Other than that I love it
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Postby ore_terra » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am

yesterday they sent me a link to the latest version. 4.47 I think. I only installed but didn't have time to run it properly and see if it helps with the crashes.

after a couple of weeks using it crashes are a bloody pain in the ass. even more when I love this f*** DAW. yesterday, desperate after 3 crashes for unknown reasons I tried to go back to my trustworthy and stable cubase... but it was boooooring :(

I'll keep posting here. Surprised nobody else's reporting issues... makes me feel 50% alone 50% stupid :lol: :lol:
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Postby Zukan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 am

Actually, I wanted to set up a page on Facebook so we could do exactly this and away from the general public.

However, Harrison would prefer we contact their support department for any issues.

I am going to test the Mixbus this week as I have been busy with other things but I will say one thing: uninstall and reinstall with all anti virus etc software disabled. I did that and most of my problems disappeared overnight.
Zukan

Postby garrettendi » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 am

There is already a "Mixbus Pro Users" group on Facebook. I'm a member of it (despite being very much an amateur user!!!).
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
Despite my post count, I know nothing. Think of me as the court jester!

Postby Zukan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am

I saw that Garrett but want a bug reporting page....keep it all in one place so to speak.
Zukan

Postby ore_terra » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 am

Zukan wrote:I am going to test the Mixbus this week as I have been busy with other things but I will say one thing: uninstall and reinstall with all anti virus etc software disabled. I did that and most of my problems disappeared overnight.
well..., I'm on a Mac. don't know what that "antivirus" thing is, human. :mrgreen:
Actually, I wanted to set up a page on Facebook so we could do exactly this and away from the general public.

However, Harrison would prefer we contact their support department for any issues.

must say their support dept is quite responsive. they've replied each one of my dozen of emails :headbang:
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Postby Zukan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:27 am

Indeed. But there are glaring shortcomings that need to be addressed.
Zukan

Postby CS70 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 pm

ore_terra wrote:yesterday they sent me a link to the latest version. 4.47 I think. I only installed but didn't have time to run it properly and see if it helps with the crashes.

after a couple of weeks using it crashes are a bloody pain in the ass. even more when I love this f*** DAW. yesterday, desperate after 3 crashes for unknown reasons I tried to go back to my trustworthy and stable cubase... but it was boooooring :(

I'll keep posting here. Surprised nobody else's reporting issues... makes me feel 50% alone 50% stupid :lol: :lol:

I simply haven't got around to install the license yet - it doesn't work as it should. The support answered me promptly but I haven't got time to fiddle with settings and do what they were asking me to do. Bit disappointing to have such an early roadblock - they are helpful for sure but something as simple as setting up a license shouldn't be hard to code in a bombproof way.

Maybe come Xmas time..
CS70
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby Grappa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:56 pm

I jumped on the MB32C bandwagon and have been running it for about a month now.

Had a couple of crashes and the support team have been able to resolve these. I have to say they do seem very focused on trying to support end users in a way that I've not encountered for a long, long time.

As for the application itself I'm still importing audio that's been prepared in Reaper and use MB for mixing only. I'm not the first person to say it but it's a pretty enjoyable process. Does it sound better? Heck it's not the sound of my DAW that's limiting the output quality tbh so it wouldn't be prudent to comment!

The one thing I would say is that it feels quite liberating. I'm using the tools in MB and have had little cause to call on much in the way of additional plug-ins. Workflow is really nice and when using it I feel I'm more focused on the actual mixing process.

Do I think it's a keeper? Well I've purchased pretty much all the native plugs (special offers) so that sort of suggest something (and it's not that I've got too much money!).

Regards,

Si
Grappa
Poster

Postby forumuser716644 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi all. I realize I am very late to the party on this and it's a bit of a long shot but does anybody have an unused code for this that they are willing to send me? Not sure if they're even still valid but worth a shot.

Thanks in advance.
forumuser716644

Postby Chromeman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am

Latest NAMM special for purchasing Mixbus standard is a staggering $19 until 1st Feb I think.
Chromeman
Regular

Postby jollyon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi Zukan. I think I was in touch with you or Martin before Christmas re another group buy opportunity. This is for Meterplugs dynameter. Wanted to discuss with you before posting if you could email me? jogh@icloud.com. Either way, cheers and have a good weekend.

Zukan wrote:Hi forumites!

Ok, clinched a tasty deal on the Harrison Mixbus.

Before I get too excited, a little vibe: 'I love the concept of the Harrsion Mixbus, even as an add-on mixer within your DAW, as it truly is the only DAW that harks back to the old school days of channel strips and inline console technologies. I particularly like the Harrison EQ, which you get on every channel, and the sensible linear layout. Their plugins are also very good and I have heard many say 'it has a sound Ed'.'

That is good enough for me.

The deal is quite simple: the more people that we have sign up to this deal the cheaper the overall cost of the software.

Add your name here: https://harrisonconsoles.lpages.co/soun ... group-buy/

Big up to Ian and the SOS crew for allowing this and thanks to Mike for all his help in organising this.
jollyon
Poster

Postby blinddrew » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:47 pm

I'd definitely be interested in this.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby jollyon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Great to hear. Will post details soon!

blinddrew wrote:I'd definitely be interested in this.
jollyon
Poster

PreviousNext