You are here

I/O Ping value changes randomly (Logic, RME, Focusrite)

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: I/O Ping value changes randomly (Logic, RME, Focusrite)

Postby stormymondays » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks Neil and the Focusrite team! I'm in touch so I can get my unit sorted out.

Also, thanks again everyone for helping diagnose and troubleshoot this.

Case solved!
stormymondays
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi stormymondays!

Excellent news, but so let us know that the problem really is resolved when you get our unit back ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby stormymondays » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Hi stormymondays!

Excellent news, but so let us know that the problem really is resolved when you get our unit back ;)

Martin

As promised, I'm chiming in to confirm that Focusrite did solve the issue and shipped a fixed unit! The UK support/tech team was excellent throughout, and I did get a replacement unit in the meantime. Outstanding.
stormymondays
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Good stuff. I've always found the folks at focusrite really helpful when I've needed to contact them. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Well done Focusrite! :clap:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby ef37a » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:36 am

Yes, well done Focusrite.

I wonder however if this is another case of the "Watchdog Effect"? You know the sort of thing, a badly served consumer battles a company for months (around 6 in this case) and then miraculously a solution is found when an organization with some public clout gets involved.

Fair play to Focusrite and I think most companies at some level want to give good service it is just that they have put in layers of "chits of girls" and "jobsworths" that defeat the common man.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby stormymondays » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:07 pm

ef37a wrote:I wonder however if this is another case of the "Watchdog Effect"? You know the sort of thing, a badly served consumer battles a company for months (around 6 in this case) and then miraculously a solution is found when an organization with some public clout gets involved.

To be honest, it took a while to get past the first line support and up to a technician that would understand the issue, and maybe SOS helped with this. In that case it's only fair, since I bought the unit on the strength of the SOS review :-)

Once that happened, everything was taken care of quite swiftly. When it took longer than expected for them to write new firmware, they sent me a replacement unit, and they even offered to send their top of the line interface instead, so no complaints on that front.
stormymondays
Regular

Postby ef37a » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:39 pm

stormymondays wrote:
ef37a wrote:I wonder however if this is another case of the "Watchdog Effect"? You know the sort of thing, a badly served consumer battles a company for months (around 6 in this case) and then miraculously a solution is found when an organization with some public clout gets involved.

To be honest, it took a while to get past the first line support and up to a technician that would understand the issue, and maybe SOS helped with this. In that case it's only fair, since I bought the unit on the strength of the SOS review :-)

Once that happened, everything was taken care of quite swiftly. When it took longer than expected for them to write new firmware, they sent me a replacement unit, and they even offered to send their top of the line interface instead, so no complaints on that front.

Well ok, you know the hoops you had to jump through better than I. The genius that said "we cannot be responsible for problems with third party devices" needs sacking. ADAT (afaik) is an industry protocol, like USB (won't say Firewire!) and anything should work with anything else. In any case, ANYTHING you connect to a computer is "third party"! What if Dell & Co took the same stance?

The problem is I think the fact that "communication" has never been easier or cheaper and yet it is now often harder to contact a person in a company with any sense or authority than it was 30 years ago. Rarely is there a prominent email address and you often have to fill in a very nosy form. Orta be a law!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Previous