You are here

Tuning Vsts in Ableton Live

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Tuning Vsts in Ableton Live

Postby marumbra » Sun May 06, 2018 6:40 pm

I have a VST (tbPeach) and some of the presets there are out of tune. There are no tuning functions in the VST itself so I'd need some external way to tune the VST. Are there any ways I could do this? Perhaps through the use of some other VST?
marumbra
Poster

Re: Tuning Vsts in Ableton Live

Postby redlester » Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Ableton Live Suite 10 has a built in Pitch transposition tool, it's in the MIDI Effects section of the browser.

Am not sure about earlier versions or the Lite version, etc. What version of Ableton are you using?
redlester
Regular

Postby marumbra » Sat May 12, 2018 5:06 am

redlester wrote:Ableton Live Suite 10 has a built in Pitch transposition tool, it's in the MIDI Effects section of the browser.

Am not sure about earlier versions or the Lite version, etc. What version of Ableton are you using?

Ableton 9, Standard
marumbra
Poster

Postby Hexo » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am

I believe this happens when you send non-altered MIDI notes to your VST. In this case you can jump back to sound design and make some tiny tweaks to get rid of it. Or for monophonic parts you can use a tuning device like waves tune real-time, or the one from max for live or ideally melodyne. But I'm definitely sure that your problem can be solved during some easy steps in sound design. Sometimes it's not just the tuning options which makes the sound out of tune. Sometimes it can be things like pulse width modulation or filtering with very low frequency and high resonance.
Hexo
Regular
There are a million keys to perfection and they are buried in different graves.