You are here

Sonarworks measure problem.

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Sonarworks measure problem.

Postby The Sponge » Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 am

Hi All.
I have a curious issue trying to do a new measurement using Sonarwork measure software and an Audient Id4 interface.after selecting the id4 as the input device in the software, I have no input signal coming in butt the signal is present in the id4 as I can hear it clearly by turning the monitor mix knob to input and using headphones. The interface is also working perfectly when I have my Daw open.
I have set the sound settings for both the input and output of the device to 16bit 44.1 as is recommended and have tried various buffer size settings.
I have uninstalled the software, cleaned the registry etc and re installed & still nothing.
my last measurement was taken with a Alesis ios 2 interface that is long gone, and that was a very simple process, but I have some new Focal Alpha 65s that I would like to hear properly and a huge 9db 150hz bump at my listening position that I need corrected.
It is more than likely something I am doing wrong but at this stage its not obvious.
any and all help very greatly appreciated.
thanks.
The Sponge
Poster
Always Adsorbing even if I think I'm full.

Re: Sonarworks measure problem.

Postby leefeel » Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 am

What OS are you using?
leefeel

Postby The Sponge » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Windows 10, Sonarworks have now given me a trial update version of measure 4 to fix some software/driver bugs and that has sorted the problem.
The Sponge
Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Thu May 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi TheSponge,

Well that IS good news - it's always encouraging when a software developer provides an updated version that solves existing problems, so bravo Sonarworks! :clap:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby The Sponge » Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 am

One problem I had was systemwide was changing the sample rate from 44.1 as required for measure to 48 even though I had gone into settings and set 44.1 in both the output and input devices setting. I had to unistall it to proceed.
The Sponge
Poster