You are here

My mix-master (your opinion)

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

My mix-master (your opinion)

Postby Rubino » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:26 am

Hey guys.
I finished my mix and master for my song. I would like to hear your opinion, what you think about my mix and master .... and ... maybe ... some tips what can I do better, or what not to do.

I just want to know if this is good studio quality like or not.

WARNING: Song is not in english, so you will not understand, but you can still judge quality.

First rapper start at - 0:30
Second rapper start at - 1:55

https://soundcloud.com/robert-red-ducs/bratia-destrukcia-nemam-cas

Thank you
Rubino
New here

Re: My mix-master (your opinion)

Postby CS70 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:47 pm

I'm absolutely not an expert of the genre, so take with a pinch of salt.

I like the track. The vocals are convincing and - even if I don't understand a word - they sound like I would if I knew the language, and the performance overall is good, with the vocals flying into each other well. The only remark I could do is that the tempo can feel a little on the slow side: it works, but if it were a few BPMs faster it could be perhaps more exciting, given that all the song is pinned mainly on the vocals and the bass line - and, given the genre, the lyrics (I assume).

It made me think of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y91XOFQsNa0 - which is good as Guru's first Jazzmatazz is one of my fave albums ever.

The super tubby bass synth beat is a bit odd to me , and it's bloody loud - it felt really strange at first. However, it sits somewhere else entirely than the vocals so it works, and it certainly imparts a huge sonic signature to the song. But as said I have no idea of the genre conventions so what do I know :)

I like the ear candy that's there (the splashes etc) but it could worth a try adding something more along the way, as after 2:30ish it may feel a little repetitive if you don't understand the lyrics.

So no idea if it's "professional" or not but it feels real and a bit raw, like a good rap should be.
CS70
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby Rubino » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:10 am

thank you :)
Rubino
New here

Postby tag_in_denver » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 am

Nice Track. I agree with CS70's positive comments about it. The quality of the lead vocal sounds really good. The balance of various elements also seems good, however, it seems like most secondary vocal parts are panned toward center - as a result, the mix seems like it might be lacking in some of the excitement that you can get if you use/explore the stereo field a bit more to create contrast between sections of the track. You could also experiment with a few surprise mix changes here and there. Anyway, nice work, and good luck with the final stages!
tag_in_denver