You are here

EZDrummer and TD11 - please help me

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Postby PETITJACK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 am

Hello,
I installed Ezdrummer and downloaded the Roland TD 11 driver for OS 10 .... Imac and connected the TD11 module to the Imac with the 1x Lindy USB 2.0 Cable Cable A / B 3m BK. Ezdrummer works, the sounds come out of the PC but not from my TD11.
In the Imac I go into system preference - its
Sound effect --td11
Output --TD11
Input --TD11
Then utilities - Midi Audio Configuration
Audio devices --- TD11 is present
I select Enter - not possible to adjust the sound it is inaccessible
Output - I know how to set it but as the cursor is not blue it has no effect.
When I click the right button of my mouse on the device "use this device for audio output" can not select it, for cons "configure speaker" I test left and right and I hear in my headset gray.
Then Midi Window, there the device appears and following the instructions of Roland with the drivers, I had to create a second identical device by connecting them by small arrows. It was then necessary to test this configuration by clicking first on the left arrows for the outgoing sound and there I hear the sound of drums (snare, ride ...) then the one on the right that represents the sounds of my electronic drum in there also I tap on the snare the ride and I hear it as well in the headphones as the amp. So configuration midi OK.

Now, starting from this observation I run a piece of music that I hear a very short moment in my headphones or the amp and then nothing and in the mac either. Youtube no clip will start it turns and turns.
As for Ezdrummer there absolutely nothing the sound always comes out of the Mac while ALL the parameters are on the TD11;
Sorry to have been so long but that way you will understand my problem better.

Thank you for your patience but I really understand nothing.
PETITJACK
New here

Postby MonsterPianoPlayer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 am

* My guess is your VOLUME knob is turned all the way to the left...

Installing the USB Driver
Before connecting the TD to your computer, you must first install the USB driver.
1. Install the USB driver in your computer. The dedicated driver for the TD-15 and TD-11 is included in the attached CD-ROM, or you can download it from
the Roland website:
http://www.roland.com/

For the operating requirements, refer to the Roland website. The driver program and installation procedure will differ depending on your system. Please carefully read the Readme.htm included with the files you downloaded.

Connecting the TD to the Computer
1. Use a commercially available USB cable to connect the COMPUTER port located on the TD’s top panel with your computer’s USB port.

*Make sure that the USB cable connecting the TD to your computer’s USB port is
compatible with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.

IF NO SOUND

Check the connections:
1. Is the connection cable correctly connected to the TRIGGER INPUT connector?
2. Are the cables correctly connected to each pad and pedal?
3. Are the cables correctly connected to the TD’s OUTPUT jacks or the PHONES jack?
4. Are the cables correctly connected to the input jacks of your amp or audio system?

Try using other cables:
Could there be a problem with the connection cables?

Try raising the volume of the TD:
* If you’re using the TD-15, check the side panel [VOLUME] knob as well.
Could the [VOLUME] knob be turned all the way to the left?

Check your amp or audio system:
Have you made the correct input selection setting on your amp or audio system?

Try raising the volume of your amp or audio system:
Are the volume settings of your amp or audio system appropriate?
MonsterPianoPlayer
New here

Re: EZDrummer and TD11 - please help me

Postby Kwackman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:55 am

Are you hoping to hear the sounds from EZDrummer from the audio output of the Roland TD11?
If so, I'm almost certain you won't!
As I understand this, the only audio out of the TD11 will be the Roland sounds built into the TD11.
EZDrummer audio will only play out through your iMac (or an Audio interface) but not your TD11.
You're using the TD11 as a MIDI trigger feeding EZDrummer.

There is a "mix in" jack on the TD11, which normally be fed with cue feeds for recording, or maybe music to play along with.
There MAY be a way to plug the Mac output into the "mix in" jack, so you would hear the EZDrummer sounds, but you'll need to be able to mute the internal sounds of the Roland TD11.
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Postby PETITJACK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:23 am

Thank you for your answers.
For MonsterPianoPlayer the answer to all your proposals is YES and nothing happens.

For Kwackman I think that with all the video I watched on youtube and the articles and manual of the TD11 module the most recommended way is the USB 2.0 Hight speed cable so I do not see why I should go through the Mini Mix ??
Thanks.
PETITJACK
New here

Postby MonsterPianoPlayer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:03 am

On a computer, the TD-11 gets recognised as a MIDI device for Input and output and as a USB Audio device for output. So you'll have to select it twice, depending on whether you're setting input or output. Just think of it as two different devices with different purposes.

You can trigger samples, but you need a host computer with VSTs (virtual studio technology) on board. You'll use the MIDI output of the TD11 to go into the computer which then plays the samples. The sound travels back through your USB/MIDI cable to the module, and then to the module's L/R and Phones out.
In which case you either hear all or none of your TD-11 sounds (by enabling/disabling the MIDI monitoring option in the settings).

Here's how to adjust the USB audio Volume in the TD-11 and TD-15:
1. Press MENU.
2. Press the down cursor button twice.
3. Press the function 3 (F3) button for "SYSTEM."
4. Press F3 (OPTIONS).
5. Press cursor down to choose "USB Audio Volume."
6. Turn the dial to adjust the value as desired (0-100).
7. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.

Just some extra information I found. Hope it helps!
MonsterPianoPlayer
New here